April 27, 2024, 09:50:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Better Bleeding

Started by Ohio HD, October 17, 2023, 02:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Something that we all need to do once in awhile is to bleed the brakes, and or clutch system. I myself know that when I have a tool or process that's really easy and fast I tend to do that maintenance more often and when I should. I have a Mityvac that I've used for the past few years to bleed brakes with. They do a decent job, but I have had some brake systems that just would not bleed out by vacuum. It took pressure to get the air bubble(s) out and get a solid brake lever.

So I need to bleed both of my HD's, and I was looking around at different bleeding systems. I came across this Phoenix Systems V12 Reverse Brake & Clutch Bleeder. It'll bleed as a vacuum system, or as a pressure system, so you can either push fluid through or pull it through.

I'll test it out probably in December after bike hibernation.

https://www.brakebleeder.com/products/best-sellers/v12-reverse-brake-bleeder/

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Ohio HD

I'm liking this company already. I have a question about their kits, and sent an email message. I received an answer within five minutes. Customer service always rules.

Ohio HD

How I came across this company was looking at the Jim's USA number 738 bleeder. It's made by Phoenix Systems. You get more adapters and parts when you buy a kit from Phoenix directly or in my case from Jegs.

fbn ent

I look forward to your test. Not cheap but .....
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

calif phil

I have used a Phoenix injector for 20 + years.  That was back when all the Harley's used Dot5.  So now it's not used as much, as it only is used for dot5. 

Buglet

All I can say is it does flush the fluid out, but no help getting the pedal back if you lose it.

biggzed

My Dad has a mighty vac. It didn't work that well on his 11 RG. I like the idea of a tool that can push and pull.

I've always used a plastic syringe with a very fine tip. I draw some fluid out of the MC then stick the tip into the bleeder. Crack the bleeder while simultaneously pressing the plunger. Once I stop getting bubbles in the MC it's done.

I think I actually read about this on HTT many years ago.

Zach

Ohio HD

And that's what they recommend, is doing a push through, then a suction to finish it off. When I emailed them yesterday he answered a few questions for me, and also said he uses both methods on his bikes and it gets them bleed.

Buglet

If you just flushing the brake system out, I put in speed bleeders so far I had not problems. Fast and simple. I've even tried them on new empty systems with great success no vacuum or pump needed. All you need is a good quality speed bleeder.