April 27, 2024, 12:15:10 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rocker box oil lines question

Started by rittchie66, October 27, 2023, 11:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rittchie66

Quick question.. where does the rocker box oil line attach to? My motor (75 shovel) had the oil line hook up to a fitting that was fit into the oil screen plug "B" .. but everything i can find shows it attaches to the spot (1/8 npt) right next to lifter block "A" to the left... is there any advantage to using the screen's oil? Or should i just put it back to the other one? Thanks for the help
Rich

Ohio HD

I would use location 'A' as it was intended by HD. No advantage to another location. Unless that huge fitting is jammed in there due to a stripped thread. Looks like it's had a rough life.

FSG

JSD

A is feed to rockers B lifter screen. 

rittchie66

Thanks guys.. ya it has had a rough life.. my brother by no means was/is a mechanic.. his theory on brass fittings appears to be if you tighten it enough, (even though they werent meant to go together) the will stop leaking ... eventually...lol.. thanks again for all the help and future help.. i really appreciate it
Rich