May 01, 2024, 10:43:47 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

O2 Bung Placement

Started by blkfalc4, June 11, 2009, 06:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blkfalc4

Going to be changing my 05 FXDWGI to closed-loop. So I'm curious as where would be the best place for the front and rear O2 weldnuts on a supermeg 2-1.
Closer to the ex port? Have easy access approx 4" from the port on both. Do they need to be the same distance? Does it really matter?
On my TSII+ they advise within 8" of port. But they are the WEGO3's. No difference on narrowband? That good?

Thanks
Mike
05 FXDWGI-97CI..10:1..DeweyHeads 80cc..TW54G Cams..ST 2-1..TTS..C/L..3.37:1

Herko

No need to be the exact same distance.
4 inches is good.
See a lot of exhausts at 4 to 5.
Run a thread chaser (better than a tap) through after welding.
Use anti seize gingerly on the sensor threads...but do use anti seize.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

FLTRI

IME best thing to do is to copy the location and angle of OEM ('07-up) bungs.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

blkfalc4

blkfalc4

Yep, always run the chaser after welding them in.
Well you guys were right, the Megs are the "Potty mouth". Running them w/18 discs closed end.

QC at ST has something to be desired though, got em on and found a leak at the collector weld, a damn hole from an unfinished weld, approx 1/8" hole that I didn't catch when I was welding in the bungs. So, take it all apart and get it back on the welding table to fix something I shouldn't have to. But all is well now.

After correcting the VE's and small timing adjustments it has a much smoother roll on from 2.5k on up, still really kicks in at 3.7k+. But I'm mucho happier with the Megs. Quieter too, which I like, can hear the stereo better now. Still may try changing the pri gearing.

Have a tick/knock going on when I roll it on from any cruise rpm, especially when she's hot, going to have to look at my timing for that map/tps area and try retarding abit.
More for trying/testing atm due to I will be changing to CL in the next week or two and going with an 07 mt7 cal. Get to do it all over again.

Just wish the damn weather would break for good up here in the NE. Sick of these clouds and showers all the time lately.

Again, appreciate all the responses to my DA questions.

Mike