April 27, 2024, 01:56:57 PM

News:

Street Experience with SUPER G on Evo80

Started by 98s1lightning, October 31, 2023, 11:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98s1lightning

I'd like to hear from the ones who fitted a SUPER G and RODE STREET on Evo80. Results?

Yes I know its not the most appropriate choice versus E

turboprop

I have done it, but it was only a matter of economics. The one I used also had a Thunderjet. Most sheeple will regurgitate stuff they read online about big engines needing Thunderjets, etc. Just noise. A TJ adds a third fuel circuit. In my case, that TJ allowed me to run a much smaller main jet and air bleed in the G and made that G usable on the little 80". Bottom line, it can be made to work but far from ideal.   
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

98s1lightning

How bout fuel mileage?

Gonna be wayyy worse or what.

Yes I understand the reason for Thunder jet and plan to get hands on with that Air bleed/jetting tuning soon.

98s1lightning

How did you like it or not

Bike runs Mikini HSR42 now

jsachs1

A matter of fact, RE. S&S carb bore size.
S&S SUPER E = 40 mm.
S&S SUPER G = 44 - 45 mm.
John

turboprop

Quote from: 98s1lightning on October 31, 2023, 12:26:42 PMHow bout fuel mileage?

Gonna be wayyy worse or what.

Yes I understand the reason for Thunder jet and plan to get hands on with that Air bleed/jetting tuning soon.

Way worse than what?

98s1lightning

Wasn't sure if you ran a G, against an E 

My bad I assumed you had ran an E as well

HogMike

Running a G on my evo bagger right now.
Runs really nice, no surging, spitting or any issues at all.
It came on the motor.......... S&S 113.

Probably be hard to run on a stock 80" evo.
 :potstir:

I DID run an E on my 93" pan. Took some messing around with tuning to get it running nice but no thunder jets or any real mods to either carb. Gas mileage was adequate on both bikes for what they are.

JMHO
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Deye76

The 100" Evo crate motors from S&S came with G's. The 111" Evo crate motors now come with a E. For the EPA? I don't know, but the guys that have those 111's in FXR's aren't complaining.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Tacocaster

Not really apples to apples but....back in '96 I ran a Headquarters-built 96"/Thunderstick cam with a G in a Softail.

Ran really decent after tuning/tweeking (can't remember final jet sizing). Doug at HQ said the G was not the best choice (suggested an E) but I was/am stubborn.

Never found max speed as I couldn't keep my feet on the pegs (literally), barely able to maintain grip on bars and vision was soooo blurred I couldn't see speedo. About then I always turned pussy. Kept telling myself, "Harleys aren't made for racing", to validate my pussy-ness.

A bit later a dry clutch was added and I loved the low-end torque/launch from the combo. The G never gave me issues - never.

Gas mileage? I was always first-in to the pumps (5 gal).

Just one guys' experience with a G involved.
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

wfolarry

I ran one with the Davinci mod in it. Gas mileage was good.
I have a Super E on it now. Mileage is about the same.
The G had a better top end than the E but the E has better low speed manners.
88" motor in a bagger.

turboprop

Gas mileage with Super E/G carbs is mostly dependent on the accelerator pump. It's nozzle is way too big and too many people have them adjusted to spray way too long. Going to state the obvious here. Tuning that accelerator pump is very easy. Simply adjust it until it does not spray at all and ride the bike. If the engine stumbles add just a little tiny amount of accelerator pump spray and repeat. The goal is to have the accelerator pump come in as little as possible. The fools while cry about how this will make the engine harder to start, etc. The TTP is then becomes to rotate the throttle a couple extra times before starting. Try it.

98s1lightning

I can agree with you on that as I straight up cut the accel pump rod in half on my Mikuni HSR to disable it  :smiled: