April 27, 2024, 10:20:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1999 Electra Glide Standard

Started by Nick9900, November 02, 2023, 06:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick9900

Went out last night short ride, came back and at idle it goes 1 cyclinder idle, just a touch of throttle and above it hits 2 cyclinder consitantly. Its a new thing to happen with it. Im wondering would the cam sensor be a cause for this? Or Crank? Im less inclined to think plugs or wires, i have checked them. See nothing visual that would cause alarm.

Hossamania

Change plugs. How old are the wires? Reseat them into the coil, may have worked loose, may be ready for replacement.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

smoserx1

I have the same bike as you and I agree  with Hoss 100%  I have had mine fowl plugs and run bad once from a clogged air filter following an extensive period of high pollen, so check your plugs and air filter too.  I seriously doubt the cam position sensor or crank position sensor is causing this...why would either of these cause just one cylinder to misbehave?

Hossamania

Good point on the air cleaner, I tend to forget about it.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

kd

KD

Nick9900

rigidthumper

I would replace intake seals if they are original.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Nick9900

They are original, bike has just short of 200k never had the tank off of it, stil original plug wires, did notice one is rubbed down some and may be the weak link possible. Ill get some new intake gaskets while im in getting plugs and wires

smoserx1

Whether that bike has 200K miles or kilometers, its time for a set of wires (and intake seals) I would think.