April 27, 2024, 11:59:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

fork oil

Started by alstar2, November 14, 2023, 09:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alstar2

2003 fxdx how much fork oil does each leg take.i see different answers.stock 39mm tubes
 thanks Al

turboprop

Quote from: alstar2 on November 14, 2023, 09:51:46 AM2003 fxdx how much fork oil does each leg take.i see different answers.stock 39mm tubes
 thanks Al

No idea how much oil your forks take, but will say that fork oil is typically measured by distance from the top of the tube, not by volume like some of the other fluids on your bike.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

FSG

2003 Dyna: Maintenance 1-39

alstar2

thanks FSG.that covers the fxdx with the damping & preload adjusters?hope you are still riding
on the right side of the road.(i know that's the left)  Al

machinist

5.04 inches below the top of the tube with spring removed
"it was a black bike officer"

FSG

to clarify ......

turboprop

Quote from: alstar2 on November 14, 2023, 12:32:07 PMthanks FSG.that covers the fxdx with the damping & preload adjusters?hope you are still riding
on the right side of the road.(i know that's the left)  Al

That chart from FSG does not cover cartridge forks in the -DX model. They must be measured from the top of the tube.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

FSG

Quote from: turboprop on November 14, 2023, 07:22:34 PMThat chart from FSG does not cover cartridge forks in the -DX model. They must be measured from the top of the tube.

which is why I posted .... to clarify ...... in response to the question

that covers the fxdx with the damping & preload adjusters?

alstar2

thanks all.5.04 it is.

chas

I re-built my front end a couple years ago on 03 ultra and it called for 11 oz