May 01, 2024, 05:58:06 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Advancing timing on a TTS calibration

Started by Blackbaggr, June 11, 2009, 09:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbaggr

I also posted this in the "timing is everything" thread but fear it may go unseen...

Bike - 07 FLHTC 96"
Cams- 26h
Tuner- TTS
Exhaust- Supertrapp Supermeg
Air- SE

I'm running the PZ 176 file. TTS Mastertune has modified (advanced) the timing on the original calibration anywhere from 1.5 to 3 (approximate) throughout the file. I was wondering if anyone has a well tuned (dyno) TTS calibration for a similar build that has more advance and would be willing to post it. If not, would BOB or HERKO (or anybody for that matter) be willing to comment on whether or not I could advance 2 degrees across the board safely and whether or not this is advisable. Thanks in advance (no pun intended).

In the other thread I also posted the TTS timing tables that I am currently using.

Sonny S.

so, y'all gonna help a brutha out ?    :gob:

05FLHTC

The map he posted in the Timing is everything thread was hard to read, but it sure looked like he should be able to try & at least bump up the WOT numbers in the 2~5K range...at least try it see
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

mayor

Quote from: dsanchez on June 11, 2009, 09:28:31 PM
In the other thread I also posted the TTS timing tables that I am currently using.

Front:

Rear:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Sonny S.

Quote from: 05FLHTC on June 12, 2009, 08:05:55 PM
The map he posted in the Timing is everything thread was hard to read, but it sure looked like he should be able to try & at least bump up the WOT numbers in the 2~5K range...at least try it see

I agree, I actually think I would add 3* across the entire 90-100KPA range.....all rpm's.
Then at 80kpa & 6k rpm's.....a 2*.

Do a SOP run, and check for knock detection.

Blackbaggr

How 'bout at idle...I'm under the impression that that area is the cause of alot of the heat issues in these laster model bikes ? I guess its possible that Mastertune already addressed that though ...

05FLHTC

Bill,

What CR & CCP are you running?

Yes I prefer more idle timing, helps reduce heat & in general it also just seems to improve the idle stability IME.

Blackbaggr

Compression is less than stock...have to get back with you on the numbers. Where specifically might I make adjustments for my idle timing ?

Blackbaggr

Using the Bigboyz calculator...I think I have 8.77:1 /179.2 @ sea level

05FLHTC

June 13, 2009, 05:38:04 AM #9 Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 05:52:49 AM by 05FLHTC
Bill,

This attachment is just for a reference. This was a 2003 Road King EFI running high compression build 10.5/1 with SE 257 cams. So even these numbers you should be able to start with & most likely add some too, but I would go slow.

HTH,

2nd Edit addition I had them #'s wrong sorry, just for kicks, idle KPA vacuum on my 103 motor is about 38, cruise around 42  

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

05FLHTC

Notice the idle timing was only 15 here, I like mine closer to 25 or more & then I blend it down...

Blackbaggr

mayor

I'm mostly ignitionally challenged, and I'm not familiar with tts at all but here's what jumped out at me:

Quote from: Sonny S. on June 13, 2009, 04:14:24 AM
I agree, I actually think I would add 3* across the entire 90-100KPA range.....all rpm's.

:up: that is assuming that 90-100kPa can be reached at WOT?  can they? 

I also noticed that the rear is offset at heavier throttle in the upper rpms, why is that offset?  I wouldn't think that would be advisable without verifying that the rear needs offset on a measuring device (dyno)?

Sonny S.

Quote from: mayor on June 19, 2009, 07:07:41 PM
I'm mostly ignitionally challenged, and I'm not familiar with tts at all but here's what jumped out at me:

Quote from: Sonny S. on June 13, 2009, 04:14:24 AM

:up: that is assuming that 90-100kPa can be reached at WOT?  can they? 

I also noticed that the rear is offset at heavier throttle in the upper rpms, why is that offset?  I wouldn't think that would be advisable without verifying that the rear needs offset on a measuring device (dyno)?

100 kpa @ sea level

Sonny S.

BTW, rear offset is not a problem IMHO. TTS does'nt VTune in that range so AFR has to be preset ( am I correct ?)
either way, rear runs hotter and leaner typically, so less timing at WOT is safe.

mayor

does the TTS program allow the user to see what kPa ranges their engines are seeing at say idle, cruise and WOT? 

Sonny S.

blkfalc4

Either using Vtune or Datamaster while recording.
05 FXDWGI-97CI..10:1..DeweyHeads 80cc..TW54G Cams..ST 2-1..TTS..C/L..3.37:1

DavePard

Yes. datamaster displays it  both graphically and numerically. you can follow the timeline or select wherever you want to view in the timeline and zoom in to include whaterver area you want. there is an instruction manual for download on their website.