April 28, 2024, 04:20:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

03 ultra running rough

Started by chas, November 17, 2023, 03:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chas

i start 03 ultra up and it idles rough/skips then it continues for a few minutes then smoothes out, runs ok. I thought it was the plugs but I changes them out and its the same! Any thoughts? TIA

Hossamania

Is the air filter clean? Do the head breathers still feed into the throttle body? Has the throttle body been cleaned (assuming efi).
Start there.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Bagger

Add to list of things folks may suggest:
Replace fuel filter
In the tank, inspect "check valve hose" for pin holes which happen from rubbing on inside of tank.

calif phil

Engine temperature sensor.

kd

:agree:   Common, inconsistent symptoms which includes what is being reported and no code is present.  BTW are there any codes?
KD

Hossamania

Quote from: Bagger on November 17, 2023, 05:20:32 AMAdd to list of things folks may suggest:
Replace fuel filter
In the tank, inspect "check valve hose" for pin holes which happen from rubbing on inside of tank.

Quote from: calif phil on November 17, 2023, 06:24:14 AMEngine temperature sensor.

That, and that.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

chas

Hi everyone- Thanks for responding. The engine temp sensor was replaced 4 yrs ago. Same with the fuel filter, and just a couple months ago the fuel pump was replaced along with the hoses. Air cleaner cleaned a couple months ago, engine vents externally in catch can. Here are the engine codes :TSSMU1 255 CUR HIST Missing message at Speedometer EFI  TSSM 01 6 CUR HIST Loss of ICM/ECM Serial Data Instruments. As reported by powervision