April 28, 2024, 09:29:19 AM

News:

leveling kit tri-glide

Started by roadkingdresser, November 18, 2023, 01:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

Put a 1 1/4" leveling kit on a 2018 tri-glide and the right side exhaust seems to be close to the swing arm. Anybody else put one of these on and have the same issue? Only put 18 lb. of air in the shocks.
roadkingdresser

jmorton10

November 19, 2023, 08:03:02 AM #1 Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 09:36:57 AM by Ohio HD
I don't know squat about the TG, but a buddy is thinking of buying one.

Why do they need a leveling kit ??

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

rigidthumper

Leveling kits (AKA Lift kits) are sold as an "upgrade". Legend Suspension &  DK Custom offer these kits as a way to "improve ground clearance, steering, and suspension".
They cause the pipe/mufflers to come closer to the swingarm, sometimes making contact. You can use a longer bolt combined with spacers at the rear mounts to lower the muffler.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

NHBagger

A lot of the aftermarket shocks are 14" which is what the lift kit gave you with the 13" stock shocks. Now to continue selling the brackets they call it a comfort lift to supposedly give you a better ride. I don't run them so no experience, but I do run the 14" Pro Action.

roadkingdresser

November 20, 2023, 09:39:21 AM #4 Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 10:54:42 AM by FSG
We had the wifes TRI-GLIDE in Myrtle beach and going over the strips they had in the campground the pipes would bottom out.The lift kit did raise the rear up an 1 1/4" and it makes it easier to get the tires off. As far as the exhaust it's only close right at the adaptor from the headpipe that is close. It has that little adapter from the headpipe -2 1/2 " to the 1 1/4" to fit the muffler that is really close. I'm thinking i'll take that off and cut it down to clear some more. Besides that it works fine. Putting longer bolts on the muffler would just defeat putting the kit on.
roadkingdresser