April 27, 2024, 03:48:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TC88 softail exhaust fit a 96" fatboy?

Started by Adam76, November 19, 2023, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam76

Hey, I've tried to do all the research I can but can't seem to find an answer.

I have a 2010 fatboy and found an incredible deal on a 99 - 06 softail supertrapp supermeg 2-1 that I would love to use if it will fit.

I'm hoping that all I will need are some 02 sensor adaptors?

The header pipes look a little different in shape, but still might work.

TIA.

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Adam76 on November 19, 2023, 08:01:05 PMHey, I've tried to do all the research I can but can't seem to find an answer.

I have a 2010 fatboy and found an incredible deal on a 99 - 06 softail supertrapp supermeg 2-1 that I would love to use if it will fit.

I'm hoping that all I will need are some 02 sensor adaptors?

The header pipes look a little different in shape, but still might work.

TIA.

I don't know but if you look up the HD part number for each year of headers and mufflers and the numbers are the same it should fit. If the numbers do not match then they changed something.

wolf_59

More than likely you will just have to add O2 sensor bungs to the pipes

Dogbone45ACP

The mounting bracket that bolts to the transmission may be different. 5 speed vs 6.

Buglet

Adam76

Quote from: Buglet on November 20, 2023, 05:54:58 AMPlus the 2010 has a wider tire a 200.

Yes, this could also be a problem.
Hopefully something that can be addressed with some sort of spacer?

Adam76

Quote from: Dogbone45ACP on November 20, 2023, 05:43:30 AMThe mounting bracket that bolts to the transmission may be different. 5 speed vs 6.
Thanks Dogbone, this is what I'm trying to find out.

biggzed

IIRC when HD went to the 6 speed, all the exhaust systems had to change. Maybe it could be dealt with by adding some spacers.

Zach

JSD