April 27, 2024, 09:13:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Handle bar switch relocation

Started by Skooterbumm, November 20, 2023, 11:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skooterbumm

Howdy Yall... Im in process of cleaning up my handle bars and relocating switches. All im using is the horn and hi-low fr head light. Im curious where and how you mounted yours? Photos would be appreciated. 

Thanks Skooter 

Ohio HD

It would be helpful if you tell the group what year and model your bike is.

Hossamania

Just curious, are you relocating the horn button away from the handlebar?
Otherwise look old school, a simple push button mounted on the bar, hidden wire thru the bar.

$4.00 horn button
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Hossamania

Toggle switch on the headlight, or mounted in the fork nacelle like the passing lamps switch.

Hossamania

crock

Old Skool.... Horn button like the one Hoss showed mounted by the battery and this switch https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Motor-Products-DS70T-Dimmer/dp/B004C0LSW8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=LYTMOE81FH8L&keywords=automotive+dimmer+switch&qid=1700567393&sprefix=automitive+dimmer+switch%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-3
mounted on the left peg or footboard.
Crock

Hossamania

A horn button located anywhere other than near your normal hand position, on the bar, is really not convenient nor safe, in my opinion of course.

speedzter

Haha, my horn button operates the compression release !!

Quote from: Hossamania on November 21, 2023, 04:13:39 AMA horn button located anywhere other than near your normal hand position, on the bar, is really not convenient nor safe, in my opinion of course.

Hossamania

Quote from: speedzter on November 21, 2023, 02:06:10 PMHaha, my horn button operates the compression release !!

Quote from: Hossamania on November 21, 2023, 04:13:39 AMA horn button located anywhere other than near your normal hand position, on the bar, is really not convenient nor safe, in my opinion of course.

Do you burn your hand on the horn button on the head?  :wink:

speedzter

Hmmmm, that would really get confusing.

hrdtail78

November 23, 2023, 07:02:33 AM #10 Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 02:43:43 PM by hrdtail78 Reason: Added Manufacture link.
This Swedish base control manufacture allows you to pick different confĂ­es of switches and buttons.  I set the config up for kill and start.  The other side is rocker for logging and shift arm.  One button will be manual shift and the other a scramble button. Unfortunately they do not come with clutch switch.  http://www.isrbrakes.se/

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Semper Fi

Hossamania

That is quite the set of hand controls!