April 27, 2024, 02:48:57 PM

News:

07 heads are questionable?

Started by chas, November 21, 2023, 10:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chas

Hi All- Just received a couple 07 electra glide heads that I want to clean up ans use. Upon inspecting the rear head I saw a couple of gashes along the top edge of the intake port, missing exhaust stud and surface of exhaust port edge looked rough. My gut tells me these are not worth dealing with! What do you think? TIA

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

chas

November 21, 2023, 01:49:39 PM #2 Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 01:53:17 PM by FSG
Here is a pic of intake

You cannot see attachments on this board.

JSD

It could be welded and machined but $ is the ?

SP33DY

Those heads are still plentiful and relatively cheap. If you're handy with a tig welder and a milling machine it's not a hard thing to fix. If you have to pay shop rate to get them fixed, it's probably not worth it.

nibroc

:chop:

AGREE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

chas

I heard the 07 heads dont have the hole needed to receive the top motor mount! If thats true they wont be any good to me anyway? Would I be better off with the 06 head? They fit 99-06 in description and my tc is an 03

Tacocaster

" ...hole needed to receive the top motor mount..."

There is no hole to receive a top motor mount on an '07 Head, that's true but why do you need that hole for an '03? What am I missing here?
The '06 and '07 Heads are the same part numbers, by the way, if that helps.
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

SP33DY

November 25, 2023, 07:50:18 AM #8 Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 01:17:25 PM by SP33DY
The later heads still have the bolt hole on top next to the rocker box, like your 2003. On the later heads they use a bracket to mount the horn in that location, which is where your top center motor mount bracket would go.

Tacocaster

SP33DY clarified and is right of course. I assumed the hole(s) for the bracket was obvious.
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.