April 27, 2024, 11:13:46 AM

News:

Bitubo fork cartridges on 23 FLHTK

Started by pauly, December 01, 2023, 04:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauly

Hi all,
I recently picked up an FLHTK, and for this bike, I'm trying to leave it as stock as possible (yeah I know right).

Some things however do need to be changed. Suspension was one of them.
I put RWD shocks on the rear and we are impressed!

In the last few days, I installed Bitubo fork cartridges and (finally) got to take the bike for a ride today. In short, it's way better. Like I would expect an expensive bike suspension to be. Admittedly this ride was short (about 70 ks), and solo (most of my riding is with a pillion), but I could feel the front end was more in tune with the new RWD shocks on the rear. All the harshness of the front end is gone. I probably have a few fine adjustments to make once I ride 2 up, but the improvements are immediately apparent.
If these things last a while, they will have been money well spent.

Just thought I'd share that, as these are one of the more economical ways to upgrade Harley front suspension.

Thanks
Pauly

HogMike

Quote from: pauly on December 01, 2023, 04:05:03 AMHi all,
I recently picked up an FLHTK, and for this bike, I'm trying to leave it as stock as possible (yeah I know right).

In the last few days, I installed Bitubo fork cartridges and (finally) got to take the bike for a ride today. In short, it's way better. Like I would expect an expensive bike suspension to be. Admittedly this ride was short (about 70 ks), and solo (most of my riding is with a pillion), but I could feel the front end was more in tune with the new RWD shocks on the rear. All the harshness of the front end is gone. I probably have a few fine adjustments to make once I ride 2 up, but the improvements are immediately apparent.

Just thought I'd share that, as these are one of the more economical ways to upgrade Harley front suspension.

Thanks
Pauly

I also just did an install on my 2019 cvo forks. Book says to service the forks at 50 k miles, I missed that mark and decided to do it now at 80k miles.

Interesting how nasty the forks were on disassembly. Bushings worn out, nasty sludge in the bottom of the lowers, yes, it was overdue!

I was going with a stock rebuild kit but decided at the last minute to try some Axeo cartridges along with the new bushings.
Legends lifetime warranty tipped me on these.

Install was super easy and I'll do a test ride today.

I've got a long trip planned on Monday so I'll get a feel how they work.
 :missed:

HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

Quote from: HogMike on December 01, 2023, 05:17:15 AM
Quote from: pauly on December 01, 2023, 04:05:03 AMHi all,

Thanks
Pauly

I also just did an install on my 2019 cvo forks. Book says to service the forks at 50 k miles, I missed that mark and decided to do it now at 80k miles.

Interesting how nasty the forks were on disassembly. Bushings worn out, nasty sludge in the bottom of the lowers, yes, it was overdue!

I was going with a stock rebuild kit but decided at the last minute to try some Axeo cartridges along with the new bushings.
Legends lifetime warranty tipped me on these.

Install was super easy and I'll do a test ride today.

I've got a long trip planned on Monday so I'll get a feel how they work.
 :missed:

They didn't meet my expectations... sent them back.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Hossamania

That's about as honest and succinct a review as I've read.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.