April 28, 2024, 09:19:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Will It Fit?

Started by JamLazyAss, December 14, 2023, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamLazyAss

Hello troops,

I have a 99 Softail with the factory bobbed rear fender which I don't care for.
Can a 99 Fatboy rear fender directly replace it or will I have to do the struts, etc?

Thanks.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Fugawee

According to HD 1999 FXSTC, and FLSTF Parts Manuals...they show that the Frame and Rear Forks (Swingarm) are the same for both Models.
However, they show different Parts Numbers for each Models Chrome Fender Struts in the Manuals.
If You go on Ebay and look at the Fender Struts that are being sold by the Aftermarket, and Private Sellers for each specific Model...it is stated that the Struts will fit both Models.
That is according to the Seller's Info, and Ebay's "Guaranteed Fitment" Guide.
So, the way I understand it is that You shouldn't have to do anything but change the Fender and Lights, etc.
Of course...You may want to check this out for Yourself.

98s1lightning

I'm certain it will, and best to get an OEM 99' fender as the fusebox must fit into fender.

99' has late model Evo wiring plug connectors that started around 97'-up, I call them a weatherpack for slang but they are DEUTSCHE connector type

Better get the tailight assembly included (with the plate mount and all if needed), and the tail light should have the wire whip there that you will need