April 28, 2024, 09:55:52 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Looking for recommendations on front forks

Started by HogMike, December 14, 2023, 06:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMike

I'm still looking for feedback on front fork improvements.

Bike is a 2019 cvo limited.
I've noticed there was a change with the fork tubes. The bottom of the tubes has 4 holes with what looks like a floating plastic "slide" on the inside.
I assume this has something to do with oil flow for compression and rebound.

My question is if an aftermarket (like Race tech) part is used will it play nice with the existing tube?

My goal is a nice smooth ride on moderate bumpy side roads and less nose dive on braking.
Anyone have experience and suggestions?

TIA

:nix:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

pauly

Hi HogMike,

I've recently fitted Bitubo fork cartridges too my 23 flhtk, and it's been a great improvement. Cheaper than the other options I could find too.

Here's a link.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,121126.0.html

Thanks
Pauly

Quote from: HogMike on December 14, 2023, 06:35:00 PMI'm still looking for feedback on front fork improvements.

I've noticed there was a change with the fork tubes. The bottom of the tubes has 4 holes with what looks like a floating plastic "slide" on the inside.

My question is if an aftermarket (like Race tech) part is used will it play nice with the existing tube?

My goal is a nice smooth ride on moderate bumpy side roads and less nose dive on braking.

TIA

HogMike

Quote from: pauly on December 14, 2023, 11:50:29 PMHi HogMike,

I've recently fitted Bitubo fork cartridges too my 23 flhtk, and it's been a great improvement. Cheaper than the other options I could find too.

Here's a link.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,121126.0.html

Thanks
Pauly

Quote from: HogMike on December 14, 2023, 06:35:00 PMI'm still looking for feedback on front fork improvements.

TIA

Thanks, looked into that as well.
I'm looking into a couple of companies that offer a return policy if it doesn't work out.
HOGMIKE
SoCal