April 27, 2024, 10:05:59 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lifter question

Started by topcat3815, December 17, 2023, 01:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topcat3815

I have a 2014 flhtk with worked heads the springs have 180lbs closed and 360lbs open.Looking for lifter recommendations for those spring pressures. Thanks in advance for all replies

Ohio HD

2313SE Johnson Hylift would be a great choice.

JSD

Im at same psi with .619" lift and have S&S supreme 

itsafatboy

GMR performace has good lifters he has made, i am running the new woods lifters no needle bearings , im sure S&S are fine or Fueling, the ones larry sells are the hylift with the direct oil lube to the needle bearings they are good

IronButt70

Wood Performance recently came out with a new lifter design. Fuel Moto carries them. $290 a set. OUCH! (wouldn't let me post a link)
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

Ohio HD

Quote from: itsafatboy on December 19, 2023, 11:07:08 AMGMR performace has good lifters he has made, i am running the new woods lifters no needle bearings , im sure S&S are fine or Fueling, the ones larry sells are the hylift with the direct oil lube to the needle bearings they are good

Steve doesn't manufacture any lifters, he does rebrand them however.

topcat3815

Wanting to get it running and I have a setof new comp cam liters that I had bought in 2012. Installed them using adjustable push rods set at .125 pre load. Spun bike over with no plugs  installed plugs bike fired right up no noise idled right down seems to run fine.

98fxstc

There are a lot of big name lifters about that are often preferred to comp cams lifters, but I cannot ever remember reports of a comp cams lifter failure.
Happy to be corrected.

topcat3815

THanks for all of the replies, The comp cam LIFTERS are doingfine no noise at all. I have learned how to spell LIFTER :emoGroan: