May 07, 2024, 11:22:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Nub Tools Evo/Twin Cam Valve Spring Compressor Tool

Started by kd, December 24, 2023, 06:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd

December 24, 2023, 06:35:41 PM Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 06:42:10 PM by Ohio HD
The Nub Tools Evo/Twin Cam Valve Spring Compressor Tool deserves a spot at the top of the list of tools to own. It's a guaranteed payback and more the first time it is used. It saves you big time and money doing everything from valve seals to valve springs if broken or being swapped out due to extra cam lift.  No need to pull the heads, exhaust or tank and fuel lines. Just lift the tank onto a block or support and go to it.

Check with a site supporter like California Phil for your purchase.

https://nubtools.com/en-ca/products/harley-valve-spring-compressor-complete-kit

You cannot see attachments on this board.
KD

SP33DY

I have a similar tool that was sold by Goodson. Just a tip, if you are dealing with performance springs with greater than stock free height, first do a trial run with those springs on a spare head on the workbench. That little step may save you from having trouble on the bike. Guess how I learned this! If you need longer screws they are available here:
McMaster-Carr

Ohio HD

When I spoke to Dave at Nubb, he said he supplies his compressor to Goodson.

kd

Quote from: Ohio HD on December 27, 2023, 04:09:47 PMWhen I spoke to Dave at Nubb, he said he supplies his compressor to Goodson.

Yep, that's where  got mine.  Drove there from St Paul MN for opening at 07:30 AM and back by 10-ish.

Quote from: SP33DY on December 27, 2023, 04:04:34 PMI have a similar tool that was sold by Goodson. Just a tip, if you are dealing with performance springs with greater than stock free height, first do a trial run with those springs on a spare head on the workbench. That little step may save you from having trouble on the bike. Guess how I learned this! If you need longer screws they are available here:
McMaster-Carr

I believe Ohio did a material trial for Nubb Tool to make sure they are now available with the correct strength.
KD

Ohio HD

Quote from: SP33DY on December 27, 2023, 04:04:34 PMI have a similar tool that was sold by Goodson. Just a tip, if you are dealing with performance springs with greater than stock free height, first do a trial run with those springs on a spare head on the workbench. That little step may save you from having trouble on the bike. Guess how I learned this! If you need longer screws they are available here:
McMaster-Carr

I needed to order a few things from McMaster, so I ordered the 2.250" length for just in case.