April 27, 2024, 07:36:08 AM

News:

02 sensors

Started by IronButt70, December 28, 2023, 12:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronButt70

My 17 softail has 108k miles on it and I'm thinking about replacing the 02 sensors with wide bands. I remember reading a discussion somewhere on the site about wide bands that are used in cadillacs will work on my bike but after much searching I keep coming up empty. Can someone point me in the right direction or has my memory failed again? TIA.
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

Ohio HD

Why do you want wide band, are you setting up a PV target tune?

kd

You can have both.  The wide bands go up near (6"-ish) the exhaust port and the narrow bands remain down near the transmission cover.  I have both but the wide bands are only used for tuning comparisons along with O2 AFR tubes up the head  pipes..
KD

Ohio HD

Yes, he said "replacing" his O2 sensors. The ECM won't read the wide band without a target tune module or some other interface.

hattitude

Quote from: Fugawee on December 28, 2023, 12:45:53 PMhttps://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,104543.msg1238391.html#msg1238391

The Above Maybe?

The wide band O2 sensors I was taking about in the above quoted post were for my DynoJet Auto Tune Pro module...  They were not to replace the OEM narrowband sensors...

Those Cadillac O2 sensors were cheaper than the DynoJet wide band replacement O2 sensors at that time...

As already mentioned, if you have OEM narrow band O2 sensors, youe OEM ECM will not be able to read the wide band O2 sensors without some type of module...

AFAIK, you would need a DynoJet Target tune module or a ThunderMax ECM to use the wide band sensors...

IronButt70

Thanks everyone. I have the target tune module. I meant add the wide band, not replace the OEM narrow bands. I have the fatcat pipes that have 2 set of bungs.

lonewolf

Quote from: hattitude on December 28, 2023, 05:49:39 PMThe wide band O2 sensors I was taking about in the above quoted post were for my DynoJet Auto Tune Pro module...  They were not to replace the OEM narrowband sensors...

Those Cadillac O2 sensors were cheaper than the DynoJet wide band replacement O2 sensors at that time...

As already mentioned, if you have OEM narrow band O2 sensors, youe OEM ECM will not be able to read the wide band O2 sensors without some type of module...

AFAIK, you would need a DynoJet Target tune module or a ThunderMax ECM to use the wide band sensors...

The Cadillac sensors were the upstream o2's for 2001 Cadillac Catera. This was for Winpep 7. Winpep 8 uses different sensors. The TTS allows the use of the HD Smart Tune Pro with broadbands. You don't need a special map as you just click the button when flashing the map. After tuning all areas you just leave the button unchecked and finish with the narrow bands where you want to run them. Just another way of tuning if you're using the blue tooth dongle and not the green analogue box.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

IronButt70

Thanks to all.