April 27, 2024, 07:33:30 AM

News:

Feuling OE+ Oil Pump for Twin Cam

Started by Ohio HD, January 06, 2024, 01:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Looking for any feedback, good, bad or indifferent about the Feuling #7030 OE+ oil pump for a late Twin Cam. This is for a rebuild of a 117", it really doesn't need a top tier pump. I've never used the Feuling oil pumps so I have no idea as to how well they work/perform.

They do claim 32% more volume on the pressure side and 38% more scavenge volume.

calif phil

I have used plenty, all with good results.

actonern

On softails, with their elevated oil tank, they do tend to drain back into the crankcase more quickly than the OEM pump that has the wave washer separating pressure/scavenge gerotors.  But the'll pump it back to the bag very quickly.

In other words it's important to change the oil on a recently shut down engine. 

JohnCA58

I use it in the 120, and on last tear down sent the unit back to Fueling to be inspected and checked, and was return in good time ready to use.
YOLO

Ohio HD

John, did they change any parts or machine anything?

JohnCA58

its been so long, I know they did something with it because I sent the cam plate and all, just don't remember what.
YOLO

Ohio HD

That's pretty good of them to have taken the time to make a change to bring it in spec again.

Ohio HD

Quote from: calif phil on January 08, 2024, 07:51:53 AMI have used plenty, all with good results.

Good to hear that Phil. This rebuild is a mid level 117" and I don't see pulling all the stops out for it. Most people around here want more power, but not really interested in top of the line parts and creaking every ounce of power out of them.

Requirements from most:
Will it outrun all of my friends?
Will it sound really dope?
Will my fuel mileage stay the same?

Ohio HD

January 08, 2024, 04:59:56 PM #8 Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 08:51:44 PM by Ohio HD
The values below are the advertised increase of feed and scavenge over an OEM stock pump. These are just the OEM pump, the SE oil pump and the Feuling OE+ pump.

Based on Feulings advertised increases the OE+ pump is significantly higher in feed and scavenge over the OEM pump. And the OE+ compared to the SE pump still has increased feed and scavenge.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

speedzter

I wonder how they test for flow ?
Is it in a Lab' situation with a calculated restriction, or is it real world installed
in a rotating motor (likely hard to test).
Or maybe purely theoretical based on mechanical pump design.
The Daytona pump has some interesting claims .
https://americanclassicmotors.com/products/131868594599

How much flow is too much ?

Ohio HD

I would hope that companies like S&S, Feuling and HD use a real world test. I guess even if a theoretical volume change is calculated, you will see some or all of that on the motor. It would be nice to know how they achieve the test increases.

Those Daytona specs are pretty way out there.

Ultraman

I have the HP+  seem to be a bit of overkill. Not totally convinced they were needed. However they do preform as advertised. Tons of oil preasure even at low idle. However... no wavy washer so the leak down and drain oil buckets on softails. And I had to drill out my dipstick and put a a coarse filter under the cap to vent my tank because when I blipped the throttle it would eject the dipstick.
LOL  😆
07 Nightrain 103"   Calgary Canada   Gigity Gigity Gooooo!

JSD

I have used the HP plus And the Red race series . They both use the same internals but Race Red claims harder Body material . 

fatbobber

I have the red race series in my fatbob stage 5 build and very pleased with the results . I combined the pump with a zippers bleu printed camplate and my oilpressure is always around 56 psi ,no matter how fast the engine spins . This pump really works like a pump should .