April 27, 2024, 07:37:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Twin Cam Oil Pumps - What Do You Use?

Started by Ohio HD, January 06, 2024, 01:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Just looking to see what you guys are using as far as oil pumps for Twin Cam builds and rebuilds Either your own or customers bikes. For guys that have customers I realize the pump choice will change with the requirements. So in those cases what is your normal go to pump?

If you have another unique brand you used not listed, please leave a comment.

speedzter

Curious why you left out the stock or SE pump ?
Stock plate with SE pump in my custom 120 .

Ohio HD

I can add them, I guess they just slipped my mind.

They're added.

Ironpig9

In my bike (02 RK) another (01 Ultra) I don't own anymore I went with the SE cam conversion kit which uses the SE pump. No problems that I know of.
"The road goes on forever...."

bigfoot5x

I've always used the stock pump. Until recently, my builds were fairly mild and 3 of the bikes ran to almost 100,000 miles and more before trading off the bikes. Never a problem.

tdrglide

Only oil pump issue I've ever had was from debris from a lifter failure.

I've had stock (03), (09)
SE, came with hybrid cam plate,(03)
Daytona, with upgrade to 07 cam plate,(03)
S&S TC3, currently running because desire for extra strength support plate for.660 lift cams (03)

But never any pump related oil pressure issues

fatbobber

I use a Fueling race pump on a Zippers bleuprinted camplate in a stage 5 , 107 cu fatbob , bike makes always 55 psi oil pressure and when idling 35 psi . I am very satisfied with this result .

SmokyOwl

Late to the party I guess, add one more for S&S Cycle.
"Attack life.  It's going to kill you anyways." - Steve McQueen

turboprop

Quote from: fatbobber on February 07, 2024, 12:20:24 AMI use a Fueling race pump on a Zippers bleuprinted camplate in a stage 5 , 107 cu fatbob , bike makes always 55 psi oil pressure and when idling 35 psi . I am very satisfied with this result .

That blueprinted plate by Zippers is good stuff. Adam showed me how they did leak down tests on cam plates. The amount of leak down was pretty high, to include the new S&S billet plate I just purchased through them. Adam had a tool to lap the seat with the plunger and leak down went down to almost nothing. They then went and set the pop off pressure. They do not typically do this for plates manufactured by other companies. Not sure when I will need another plate but when I do it will be a blue printed plate by Zippers.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Ohio HD

Had I known that Zippers had this cam plate and service, I would have bought one. I know that if they offer it that it's been tested in house and is as advertised. 

Next time I will.

itsafatboy

Use the RR 2 piece cam plate this thing is the strongest cam plate out there, and use the thayer 3 stage 06 style pump , 01 , 116" You cannot see attachments on this board.

turboprop

Quote from: itsafatboy on March 07, 2024, 05:32:13 PMUse the RR 2 piece cam plate this thing is the strongest cam plate out there, and use the thayer 3 stage 06 style pump , 01 , 116" You cannot see attachments on this board.

I don't think I have ever seen a cam plate break or even heard any talk about flex issues. How much stronger than than an oem plate do you think it needs to be for a street application?
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Deye76

"I don't think I have ever seen a cam plate break or even heard any talk about flex issues."
 :up: When the Twin Cam first came out I bought into  :embarrassed: the BS and got a Delkron cam plate. Probably the nicest paper weight I've ever had.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

itsafatboy

Quote from: turboprop on March 08, 2024, 06:00:27 AM
Quote from: itsafatboy on March 07, 2024, 05:32:13 PMUse the RR 2 piece cam plate this thing is the strongest cam plate out there, and use the thayer 3 stage 06 style pump , 01 , 116" You cannot see attachments on this board.

I don't think I have ever seen a cam plate break or even heard any talk about flex issues. How much stronger than than an oem plate do you think it needs to be for a street application?

Probably never a issue i just like that the inner plate bolts to every cam chest hole , i also liked the venting aspect of the plate and i can screw in a small oil pressure gauge , it is a nice plate