April 27, 2024, 10:57:30 AM

News:

V-Twin manufacturing vented canister

Started by pauly, January 12, 2024, 12:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauly

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the v-twin manufacturing vented canister is actually a "catch can"?
https://www2.vtwinmfg.com/vented-breather-canister-chrome.html
Thanks
Pauly

JSD

Don't need it . But It has vent holes and one inlet so yes it is. IMO 

pauly

Thanks JSD,
I couldn't find any pics of it disassembled so wasn't sure if it was just an empty can with holes in the top, or had sponge/steel wool/perforated steel etc in it.

Pauly

Quote from: JSD on January 12, 2024, 12:09:29 AMDon't need it . But It has vent holes and one inlet so yes it is. IMO

topcat3815

I have two that look just like that, I did not buy them from V-twin but the ones I have are filled with a sponge type of material. Hope this helps

pauly

Thanks Topcat3185, it does help.
I was going to turn one up, but for the price I may as well just buy one.

Pauly

Quote from: topcat3815 on January 12, 2024, 03:57:09 AMI have two that look just like that, I did not buy them from V-twin but the ones I have are filled with a sponge type of material. Hope this helps

Ohio HD

I don't see these being used as a catch can. More of a diffused breather. Look at the dimensions.

kd

:agree:   It likely just deadens the crankcase pulse.  A few short trips not reaching temperature would fill one of those and start to spill over.
KD

Tom H

I think they are nothing more than a fancy filter for your breather hose. Not a catch can.

Tom