April 27, 2024, 03:56:09 PM

News:

S&S M8 cases

Started by calif phil, January 23, 2024, 06:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calif phil

Got to check out the new S&S M8 cases at the NVP show in Louisville this past weekend, they beefed them up, improved the scavenge/oil system, retail is $2500 , they had 40 come in and they sold out in a day.   The cases are 8 lbs. heavier than stock. Complete engine coming soon.  They will also have cases for the M8 Softail. 

Ohio HD

I thought they may be working their way to a complete motor. So that would mean they will have heads I assume. That also would be interesting to see what they do with new castings.

calif phil

136" Big bore kit, new heads are in the works.   Glad to see them in the V Twin groove, really think the offroad division is not the way to go. 

Ohio HD

Yeah, no one spends money like street or strip HD guys.   :teeth:

cheech

Quote from: Ohio HD on January 23, 2024, 07:01:59 AMYeah, no one spends money like street or strip HD guys.  :teeth:
Street and strip yeah.

But I see it as good S&S is diversifying.

These Can-Am and Polaris Razr side by sides are everywhere it seems.
And they aren't afraid to spend on them.
Then they do go nuts getting aftermarket everything.

My son has a Can-Am X3.
His buddy just bought This
Extended warranty and few dealer options and taxes and was $52,000  :dgust: out the door.

calif phil

They were talking about a 500HP razr, does a 6 second 1/8th mile.

hrdtail78

Quote from: calif phil on January 23, 2024, 06:35:10 AMGot to check out the new S&S M8 cases at the NVP show in Louisville this past weekend, they beefed them up, improved the scavenge/oil system, retail is $2500 , they had 40 come in and they sold out in a day.   The cases are 8 lbs. heavier than stock. Complete engine coming soon.  They will also have cases for the M8 Softail. 

I am really curious to look at what they did with scavenge/ oil system.  Heard so many rumors and some from S&S.  Pics would be great.  I don't know if I want this one or a billet one that is coming to market.
Semper Fi

Ohio HD

QuoteI don't know if I want this one or a billet one that is coming to market.

Are you at liberty to share who that is? 

hrdtail78

Quote from: Ohio HD on January 23, 2024, 08:37:13 PMAre you at liberty to share who that is? 

Marc at VTwin Powersports is working with a billet one.  It's up on shop page on FB.  If I got what I wanted.  I'd want the provisions for balancer removed and a smaller crank cavity like the tc. Only way I could justify the cost (assumed) of a billet case.
Semper Fi

Ohio HD

Quote from: hrdtail78 on January 24, 2024, 08:40:24 AMMarc at VTwin Powersports is working with a billet one.  It's up on shop page on FB.  If I got what I wanted.  I'd want the provisions for balancer removed and a smaller crank cavity like the tc. Only way I could justify the cost (assumed) of a billet case.

I'm sure he'll do a great job with them, he's making a lot of nice billet parts. I can see removal of the balancer system a plus in maximum effort motors.

SP33DY

Quote from: Ohio HD on January 24, 2024, 09:01:33 AMI'm sure he'll do a great job with them, he's making a lot of nice billet parts. I can see removal of the balancer system a plus in maximum effort motors.

I've been balancing the flywheels and removing the balancer and getting good results on baggers. Tried it on a Softail and the vibration was pretty noticable. About like an Evo Softail.

Ohio HD

Quote from: SP33DY on January 24, 2024, 01:56:46 PMI've been balancing the flywheels and removing the balancer and getting good results on baggers. Tried it on a Softail and the vibration was pretty noticable. About like an Evo Softail.

I guess HD decided on only one case configuration for both platforms, touring and non touring. But I'm also surprised they just didn't leave the balancers out of the touring cases, mainly because it would save them money.

SP33DY

I think my old timers disease is worse today. Removed the Balancer on some M-8 baggers and it was good. I have not done it to an M-8 Softail, I tried it on a TC Softail.

Sorry about that!

Ohio HD

I imagine it would have similar results on the M8 Softail.

hrdtail78

I have removed them from M8 touring without any noticeable difference.  IMO it's how the engine is mounted in frame.

Semper Fi