April 27, 2024, 02:34:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rev tech transmission

Started by ddawg619, January 23, 2024, 05:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddawg619

Hi there, I tried to research this but I get different information. I'm looking for the torque spec on the super nut for the sprocket on my four-speed rev tech transmission. I'm assuming it's the same as the OME. It's a ratchet top.

JSD

ddawg619

ddawg619

My Clymer manual said 300-400.
I'm sure that's not ft lbs?

JSD

xlfan

Quote from: ddawg619 on January 24, 2024, 07:06:25 PMMy Clymer manual said 300-400.
I'm sure that's not ft lbs?
That torque spec sounds more like flywheel sprocket shaft nut, flywheel inside

ddawg619

Ok got it .
I also found info that the nut holding the sprocket on what's between 125 and 135 pounds. Some people say they just use their impact to zip it on there .
Not tying to mind F this too much

JSD

Rattle guns are easy to use but may loosen magnets on rotor IMO

Deye76

"Rattle guns are easy to use but may loosen magnets on rotor IMO"

If you're referring to an electric impact, I used on from the early 1970's until it quit in 2013, never had a magnet come loose. Maybe the glue was better then.  :wink: 
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

76shuvlinoff

I have an RT 5/4 in my 76, damn thing out shifts my 12 Ultra by miles. Go with stock specs as much as you can.

As far as uga duhga's go, I've never had a problem using an impact for disassembly. Never for assembly.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

FSG

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on March 05, 2024, 05:48:10 PMNever for assembly

:up:   

ever help someone on the road with a flat and have to battle getting the wheel off because the last person installed the wheel using a rattle gun

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: FSG on March 05, 2024, 06:07:12 PM
Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on March 05, 2024, 05:48:10 PMNever for assembly

:up:   

ever help someone on the road with a flat and have to battle getting the wheel off because the last person installed the wheel using a rattle gun

Sometimes I swear oil change techs uhgaduga filters on.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway