April 27, 2024, 11:18:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1993 Convertible

Started by dubepj, January 25, 2024, 10:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubepj

Morning all
 Going to go look at 1993 Harley Convertible.  Guy told me it's a Dyna Convertible.
 I'm hoping its a FXRS. It there a 1993 Dyna Convertible or only a FXRS Convertible.
Hoping you guys can enlighten me.  Thanks

Fugawee

I believe that there was a Harley FXRS, and an FXDS under the Convertible Umbrella... as well as an FXRP Police Model in 1993.
To the best of My knowledge.  But, I could be wrong.
Seems like such a long time ago.
Do You know what Model the Seller says it is?

tdrglide

Not sure about the convertibles but I had a 93 FXD bought new but not the convertible. As I recall there were a few 93 only design issues. One was the seat mounting was one year only. At least that's what lapera told me. Also had problems with sheet metal cracking for battery box and also fuse/ electrical mounting sheet metal on right side. Had to tig welders up all the cracks. This all happened over about 10 years and 70k miles. I did bump the compression and swap cam
If it is somehow a fxr-con, take a serious look. If dyna, I would probably pass

14Frisco

Quote from: dubepj on January 25, 2024, 10:53:29 AMMorning all
 Going to go look at 1993 Harley Convertible.  Guy told me it's a Dyna Convertible.
 I'm hoping its a FXRS. It there a 1993 Dyna Convertible or only a FXRS Convertible.
Hoping you guys can enlighten me.  Thanks

1993 - there was a FXRS Convertible but not a Dyna Convertible, only a Dyna Wide Glide and a Dyna Low Rider.

Hossamania

Looking at the Google, I didn't know the '93 was an FXR. I knew the '94 was a Dyna.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

tdrglide

A picture of either side would tell

Fugawee

Well, I think that I am off by a year.
1994 had an FXDS, and an FXRS Model.
Like I had mentioned...I could be wrong.
Obviously, I was.

14Frisco

Quote from: Fugawee on January 25, 2024, 01:30:54 PMWell, I think that I am off by a year.
Obviously, I was.

There was not a FXRS in 1994.

In 1994, there was a FXR Super Glide and a FXLR Low Rider Custom. And a FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide, a FXDL Dyna Low Row Rider and a FXDS-CON Dyna Convertible.

In 1993, there was a FXLR Low Rider Custom, a FXRS-SP Low Rider Sport, a FXRS-CON Low Rider Convertible, a FXR Super Glide. And a FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide and a FXDL Dyna Low Rider.

Hossamania

Quote from: 14Frisco on January 25, 2024, 02:04:09 PM
Quote from: Fugawee on January 25, 2024, 01:30:54 PMWell, I think that I am off by a year.
Obviously, I was.

There was not a FXRS in 1994.

In 1994, there was a FXR Super Glide and a FXLR Low Rider Custom. And a FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide, a FXDL Dyna Low Row Rider and a FXDS-CON Dyna Convertible.

In 1993, there was a FXLR Low Rider Custom, a FXRS-SP Low Rider Sport, a FXRS-CON Low Rider Convertible, a FXR Super Glide. And a FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide and a FXDL Dyna Low Rider.

And there you go! Nice list of models.

dubepj

Thanks everyone for replies. I'll try to get the VIN.  Then I'll be sure.

Hossamania

Breeze

January 26, 2024, 03:25:13 AM #11 Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 03:35:55 AM by Breeze
Adding to comments; My "Harley-Davidson Data Book" by Rick Conner shows only 2 Dyna models in 1993, L.R. & W.G., 3 FXR's one which was the Convertable. The convertible windshield is big and curves to the bottom of the tank. Not really beautiful, but I have one on my '92 Dyna and it's as effective as the Batwing on my Electra Glide. I wanted a FXR conv. but in 1993, we bought what we could get.

Add; a 1993 FXRS convertible will have  1EML1 (1EML3 Cali.) following 1HD in the vin
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.