April 27, 2024, 12:11:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fender Difference 1995 - 1996 Dyna

Started by GLFLSTCI02, February 28, 2024, 04:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLFLSTCI02

I am looking at a Mustang pillion to go with the Mustang seat I have on a 1995 Dyna Convertable. I have found one but it sez on the label it is for 1996 - 2005. What is the difference between these fenders, I see the part numbers are different but what about them would keep the pillion from fitting properly on the 1995? I am trying to figure out if it is something I can tweak or is there a major difference. I am finding these seats hard to come by, I hate to pass this one up if it something simple I need to work around.

TIA,
Gene
"Gee Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night" June Cleaver

Buglet

The frame and fender were changed from 95 to 96. 96 they went from round tube frame under the seat to a flat plate to lower the seat height.

GLFLSTCI02

If that is the change I would think that I might be okay since my current seat fits the 1995 frame section fine and I am only looking at adding the pillion to it. Are the welded nuts under the fender in the same position?

Gene

calif phil

Usually FXDWG's have a 1" longer seat than the regular FX bikes.  Not sure on the early models

Buglet

The front part of the seat is going to not fit the frame properly.

GLFLSTCI02

Thanks for the replies guys, that helped me a bunch. I took a pass on that seat.

Gene

tomboyjr

Glad it worked out for you, but many times I have wondered how accurate the MOCO is about interchanging parts. Years ago I had a Deuce, and hated the rear fender. Always wanted to put a bobtail rear fender on it. But the Moco said other softail fenders dont fit. Well I got a deal on a black 2005 bobtail fender, same color as the Deuce, and I figured I'd mess with it. Imagine my surprise that it bolted right up. Not only that, but the passenger pad also fit, which they said was only for a Deuce.