April 27, 2024, 11:23:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Cruise Control Options

Started by Sinker, February 28, 2024, 06:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinker

I am looking for suggestions for a cruise control for a 2000 Road King. I tried the Atlas and it got in the way of my right hand controls. Also tried that curly thing you stick on the end of the throttle. Has anyone had any luck with anything? Arthritis in a few knuckles is making my fingers fall asleep so I need a solution.

Coyote

kd

:agree:   I did some reading on their set-up by starting with their Vendors ad and posts here on HTT. They sound like they really know their stuff and what they are doing. No nonsense. I am considering it for my 98 RKC for the same reasons.   
KD

Breeze

My friend installed a c.c. by https://www.mccruise.com/en-us and is very pleased with it. He made a couple of good posts; https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=10957. (I know I should do the link shortcut, but I'm headed out the door and don't have time to search the hieroglyphs to find it). :slap:
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Sinker

March 02, 2024, 01:37:45 PM #4 Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 05:01:55 PM by FSG
The MCCruise looks nice but I have some sticker shock. I can buy a lot of Tylenol and CBD cream for that kind of money.

Hossamania

Every time you ride you'll miss the cruise.
Once the cruise is installed, you won't miss the money.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

fbn ent

I ride with my cruise every time I hit the highway but the old dead man screw on the Shovel did a real good job of doing the same thing...well, almost anyway.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

kd

Hoss just nailed it. I do the same.  Hit an uphill grade and the cruise does all the work. With a downhill grade you don't need to dial it back and then up after.  The cruise does it all.  It's well worth the money.
KD