April 27, 2024, 12:35:40 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

07 duece no spark

Started by tc1550, February 29, 2024, 05:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longshooter and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tc1550

just bolted on 110 kit all plug and play did add acrs with oem harness wired in correctly i believe bike cranks no spark fuel. pump comes on all fuses good power to coil no codes  bike ran before kit install at  still any ideas .Double checked everything ?

kd

Check your cranking voltage?  Did you try to give it a boost with a known good battery at full charge.  Low cranking power is a known issue that causes a no start condition, even though the engine does turn over.
KD

tc1550

Sycho01

Are the valves adjusted correctly? No compression, no spark? Ion sensing ignition?

FSG

Quote from: tc1550 on February 29, 2024, 05:44:11 AMdid add acrs with oem harness wired in correctly i believe

after doing kd's check I'd bee disconnecting the ACRs

rigidthumper

Quick test is to pull the spark plugs, and use your thumb to plug 1 spark plug hole, and hit the starter- it should forcefully push your thumb out while cranking, repeat for other cylinder- if either one has low compression, it's likely the pushrods were swapped (if stock) intake for exhaust, or mis adjusted (if you used adjustable pushrods). If you put a gauge on it, should crank 140-160ish with ACRs activated, 180-210 if not (depending on cam used).
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

tc1550

unplugged acrs bike starts fine good compression and spark . something is not right will check wiring to ecm but it runs for now.

lonewolf

rigidthumper

Any chance youused EZ start cams? When combined with ACR's there's not enough compression to start.
Fast typer got there ahead of me :)

tc1550

rigidthumper

S&S 625? With a 55° close, and a standard 110 drop on kit, ACRs wouldn't be needed/recommended.

Ohio HD

If it's the S&S 625, that's not enough compression for it to run optimally in a 110" drop on anyway. Unless the compression was increased. 

I have them set at 11.3:1 in a 124" and they feel really good there. 

tc1550

tman 625 10.5 compression vendor 110 kit

rigidthumper

TR625 with a 41° close should have ~200# CCP-should be enough to use the ACRs, unless they are stuck open. Have you tested the cranking compression?

tc1550

IN process will do this weekend and update

tc1550

plot thickens just found out bike had a fuel pack 3 in it linked to phone to see what tune was in it .Was set for pipes and ac .i modified map to what was in bike cams injectors cc etc bike still wont start with acrs plugged in .rewired acrs with relay to starter instead of ecm  .Bike still wont start .Unplugged fuel pack bike starts with them plugged in in now. 3 heat cycles and off to my tuner now .

Hossamania

Do you have a wastebasket close by?
Drop the FP3 into it.

Which tuning device are you using for tune?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

tc1550

direct link or blue tts have both will ask tuner what he prefers .

tc1550

April 05, 2024, 07:09:03 AM #18 Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 07:35:58 AM by tc1550
bike is tuned acrs unplugged bike starts right up cranks a little hard but noticeable. Unplugged just front acr bike starts noticeably better  . both plugged in have to give 1/4 throttle  to start crank time is excessive .gonna se how it goes never knew these were so sensitive for compression to start. My 2014 dyna 11.0 to 1  compression no issues starting think 07 was jut a strange ecm year to recognize cranking since bike did not come with them . 114hp /124tq sae  not bad
info on kit is fm 110 kit 10.5 comp  tman 625 cam   5.3 injectors 50mm tb ward performance head's direct link tuner .v&h exhaust bigshots no so good but was on bike . Next question am i unplugging the correct acr to get compression up. is the front one correct or should it be rear .Or does it matter

speedzter

April 05, 2024, 05:32:42 PM #19 Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 05:45:50 PM by speedzter
The ECM is looking to find when the rear (#1) cylinder slows on compression to figure
out when to fire, so unplugging the REAR ACR would be correct.
I have my REAR ACR wired to the horn switch and the front wired via the starter.

Edited the above, as I had it backwards !!

tc1550

Ok I'll unplugg rear one and plug in front one back in thanks