April 27, 2024, 11:44:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

exhaust

Started by RSD, March 01, 2024, 04:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSD

Has anyone ran RB Racing , twin cam header. And do they make any power?? :nix:

guydoc77

Which one?
I had and still have their "Blackhole" pipe.
It is kind of cool looking but was not a star at all.
Didn't live up to the hype on their website.
Fat Cat did way better.
This was on an '04 Softail with a cammed otherwise stock 88.

RSD

Was looking at the LS-1 pro stock pipe . on a 124 twin cam 

boooby1744

I'm happy with my Blackhole,no dips and I was looking for a a fairly quiet pipe. Might have done better with a different air cleaner. You might like the Blackhole Spyder.

GLFLSTCI02

I ran a "C" style on my 02 Heritage for about 110,000 Km and really liked it. I never did the dyno thing so I got no numbers. I had it on the bike from stock 88 to HQ 95 and I don't know what it made for power but I was 270 with a 120 passenger 99% of the time and nobody I rode with passed me unless I let them. One thing I will say is the these rusting/cracking problems that people have with other pipes never occured with the RB and those billet gaskets never leaked ever and I used only the one set.

Gene
"Gee Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night" June Cleaver

RSD

Was looking at D&D , but never in stock . Maybe someone had some dyno time with the RB Racing pipes/ :fish:

Ohio HD

The dyno section has some runs with RB systems.

turboprop

Quote from: RSD on March 01, 2024, 04:51:06 PMWas looking at the LS-1 pro stock pipe . on a 124 twin cam

No enough information provided about your 124" to really say, ie: is it a mild crate engine or a G2 purpose built pro stock engine, maybe something in between? Either way, nobody here knows what you have, how you intend to use it or what you expect out of it.

How about Fords, does anyone here know anything about Fords, do they get good fuel mileage?
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

RSD

Its a 124 tc / 12to1 comp /680 lift cam / 110 wfo heads/ hpi 62mm intake/ looking for all the power i can get on pump gas. 

Ohio HD

If by that you mean top end power, and assuming it's a bagger, have a conversation with Burns Stainless.

https://burnsstainless.com/collections/harley-nhb

turboprop

Quote from: RSD on March 03, 2024, 05:42:31 PMIts a 124 tc / 12to1 comp /680 lift cam / 110 wfo heads/ hpi 62mm intake/ looking for all the power i can get on pump gas.

I know a guy that has a similar engine in an FXR bought an RB pro stock pipe. He spends a bit of time on drag strips and was surprised that the expensive pro stock pipe give up some time compared to a set of finely tuned 2-2 drag pipes.

The real value for RB pipes is they have the technology to build odd, one-off pipes that the larger oems won't touch. Need a 2-1 pipe for a big block FXR with 2" head pipes and factory floorboards, RB will build it. And it will fit. Need a pipe to compete in the latest bagger racing fad, probably best to look elsewhere. In fact, if you think you are going bagger racing with a TC124, probably better to rethink your plan. If that is indeed what your planning. I am in the same boat. TC124 with 158h SAE in a naked and lightened FXR and it is outdated. Baggers with 124" M8s are walking away from me. Sort of depressing. Best of luck with your project.

jsachs1

Quote from: RSD on March 03, 2024, 05:42:31 PMIts a 124 tc / 12to1 comp /680 lift cam / 110 wfo heads/ hpi 62mm intake/ looking for all the power i can get on pump gas.
If you can get them, RB, to build you a pipe, in a REASONABLE TIME FRAME, IMO, you can't go wrong. Tell them what your needs/specs are, and they should be able to meet them. Time frame will be the commitment. :wink:
John

FLDavetrain

I did exactly that combo with that pipe. Even had them send me a baffle in case the dyno session warranted it. Ended up pulling it for a diff 2-1 and sold the RB before the dyno time. I will say the sound was out of bounds wild. I can only assume it would've been lower outta the torque hole and peaky. Most power possible? like mentioned, probably not.
currently 510ci on tap

RSD

RB Racing or D&D ?? RB RACING 4 weeks / D&D 3 months, about the same money, who makes the most power and tq ??

turboprop

Quote from: RSD on March 05, 2024, 08:13:39 AMRB Racing or D&D ?? RB RACING 4 weeks / D&D 3 months, about the same money, who makes the most power and tq ??

Again, D&D is a brand, not a specific pipe. You have to be more specific.

While we are on that, the platform makes a difference. Some pipes, for example the D&D Fatcat, have very different characteristics depending on the model of the bike they are are. The Fatcat for a touring model performs very different from the one for other platforms like the dyna, softail and sportster. You have not provided even the basic information needed to have a meaningful discussion.

If you have not already done so, I will direct you to look into the dyno section of this forum and every other forum that you are on asking this same question. Look in the dyno section. Maybe even search 124 or RB Racing, maybe even the number of you cam. Do your own research. Also, keep in mind that all of the dyno sheets in that section are held to very specific requirements to make A-B-C comparisons as close as possible and to make searching them as robust as possible.