April 27, 2024, 03:48:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

29904-07 kit on 09 twin cam?

Started by Shep236, March 11, 2024, 05:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep236

Hello all new member here.  My first question is will kit number 29904-07 work on my 09 electra glide with the 96? It says it's for an 07 touring.  My thoughts were twin cam is a twin cam but I'm sure there's someone who knows yes or no if I can use that to make my bike a 103.  Thanks all

Ohio HD

I see no reason that the pistons and cylinders wouldn't fit any Twin Cam motor, except for 110 cases and 120r cases. The backing plate won't fit the 2009 bike, as 2007 was a manual cable TB and yours is a TBW TB.

You could buy a set of 103" OEM pistons and have your cylinders bored to 103", being 3.875" bore. It would save you some money and you would have seasoned cylinders that are more likely to hold their shape. Unless you really want to hammer the motor, the OEM 103" pistons will be fit tighter, and will be quieter and should last longer than SE or other forged pistons. 

Then buy a stage one air breather and if you need it the clutch spring.

Hillside Motorcycle & Machine is not that far from you and can handle the cylinder work easily.

https://www.hillsidecycle.com/