April 27, 2024, 05:24:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Compensaver removal

Started by hrdtail78, March 21, 2024, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdtail78

I have about 60,000 miles on this.  I removed it only because of going to solid front drive.  Great design and held up great.You cannot see attachments on this board.
You cannot see attachments on this board.
Semper Fi

Ohio HD

I have one that's got around 55k to 60k miles on it. I'll be looking at it in a few months. Last I looked around 40k it was doing fine.

It's a great design, floods the compensator center section with lube.

At installation

At 40k miles

fbn ent

Interesting. What am I looking at here?
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Ohio HD

This was the early Screamin Eagle compensator "saver" kit made by GMR Performance. It's proof that HD employees do read HD forums. Just after this was released for public purchase, HD came out with their version.

GMR Performance CompenSavor Installation

hrdtail78

Quote from: fbn ent on March 21, 2024, 07:54:50 AMInteresting. What am I looking at here?

A component that was designed to oil the bearing surfaces of the screaming eagle comp.  2012-2013?  Was designed by people that were sharing their research and developed here on this site.  Harley later came out with a new designed comp that oiled the bearing surfaces much better than stock, and had simplified oil collection for feed.

With new SE comp this aftermarket product became obsolete.  Still a great product and worked as designed. 
Semper Fi

76shuvlinoff

I installed the SE unit on my 12 but it's only got around 30K miles on it.  I am going to ASSume it's fine.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway