April 30, 2024, 03:55:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

M8 fuel pump/BCM issues

Started by Tha_Big_Ohh, April 05, 2024, 10:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamminhd2000 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tha_Big_Ohh

Kinda pulling my hair out at this point, hoping someone smarter can shine some light on this issue. 
2021 softail standard.
Bike has intermittent fuel pump priming issues on startup. Sometimes it primes, sometimes it doesn't. This last time I pushed it home, disconnected and charged battery and reinstalled it. Pulled the tank and pump assembly and tested the wires connected to the fuel pump. Got 12.4v on startup. Plugged the pump back up to the bike and it started to prime while outside the tank.
Codes are: 
P0120
P0220
P1510
P1511
P1608

B2119
B2271
I assume the P codes are because I disconnected the battery, but the B codes are confusing me. Does anyone know if this is an intermittent fuel pump problem or is the BCM on its way out? I'll continue to test wires going into and out of the BCM.
Thanks for your help.

Coyote

Looks like many are probably due to your actions. Suggest you clear them all, put the bike back together and test again.

rigidthumper

P0120 TPS1 Range Error
P0220 TPS2 Range Error
P1510 EFI Limited Performance Mode
P1511 EFI Power Management Mode
P1608 Loss of continuous battery
B2119 Fuel pump output overloaded
B2271 BCM voltage low
Based on the codes, I'd say you have a connection problem- either at the battery, or in the wire harness between the battery and the ECM.
I hate intermittent issues.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Hossamania

What is the voltage reading at your battery?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Tha_Big_Ohh

Quote from: Hossamania on April 05, 2024, 11:48:11 AMWhat is the voltage reading at your battery?
Just for giggles I installed a new battery I had. 12.7/12.8v