April 30, 2024, 11:49:33 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Heavy Breather and Larger throttle body

Started by Nash, April 09, 2024, 09:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nash

Good afternoon.  New here so feel free to tell me better ways of commenting.  I have a 2021Ultra Limited.  It has stock pipes and Reinhart slip ons.  I am adding a HD SE heavy breather and wanted to know if I also add a SE High Flow EFI 64 mm throttle body with the heavy breather.  Will this add any noticeable power to my bike?  Eventually I will be adding V&H true dresser duals with Eliminator 400's slip ons.  Any advice will be helpful.  I am not mechanically inclined so I have to have the dealership do the work.  Also, does anyone know if the heavy breather will cover fully cover this throttle body? 

rigidthumper

No real benefit from that size TB until you get to increased displacement. I would suggest the SE 55mm aluminum manifold, or the VTP 55-60 manifold if you are going to add a cam (stage 2). What tuner are you using?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

bigfoot5x

The Heavy Breather and removing the catalytic converter are the two easiest and best things you can do to increase the performance of your bike. I doubt you will see any improvement with the bigger throttle bodies until you do more major work in the form of increased cubic inches and cam changes. Being able to flow more air with the larger throttle bodies really doesn't help if the engine doesn't need it.

NHBagger

For your setup I don't think there is anything to be gained with the HB other than looks.

Nash

I appreciate the input and I am glad I asked.  So currently the bike has Rinehart slip on over stock pipes.  And I have a new idea, if I keep the stock pipes and add the heavy breather and leave out the throttle body, then add the SE stage 2 (power or torque) cam and I think the kit comes with adjustable push rods.  Will i need the SE racing tuner?  Would you recommend after market cams like WM8 222 or 777 and just get the SE adjustable push rods?  Will I notice power with this combination?  What effect will the V&H dresser duals and Eliminator 400's have?  I do love the sound of true duals but have heard it comes with a loss of hp and tq.  Thanks again for any input and suggestions.  

Hossamania

You will absolutely need some type of tuner. Talk with the person that will be doing the Dyno tune on which unit they prefer.
Take a look thru the Dyno section for ideas. Also, if you look in the M8 section, there are some stickied threads at the top that have a bunch of cam testing with different combos to give you a lot of information.
Go thru the M8 section, every manner of combo has been discussed, including cat/no cat, true duals, air filters, you name it.
Most here feel that a true Dyno tune, rather than just a flash tune based on the build, is the proper way to tune. In fact, there are a few threads peppered throughout this site that prove that point.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Hossamania

One example of 107 cam testing in the M8 section.
There is also a 114 cam test thread.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,102329.0/all.html
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.