April 30, 2024, 09:12:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Trans. Dipstick

Started by 89 fxrs, April 13, 2024, 01:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89 fxrs

On a 2013 Road Glide Custom when checking the trans fluid should it be on the side stand or standing straight up?
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

kd

There is a thread about 8 before this post already that should answer your question.  :wink:

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,121629.0.html
KD

89 fxrs

I read those before posting - they refer to engine oil, I'm asking about tranny fluid
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Coyote

You can find your owner's manual using the link below.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/index

Jim Bronson

I never check mine unless I spot a leak or unless I had the dealer replace the fluid. Also, there have been reports over the years where the dipstick broke off and trashed the tranny. So some owners just cut them off. There used to be third-party dipsticks available that are far more robust than OEM.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

FSG

April 13, 2024, 03:11:56 PM #5 Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 06:39:48 PM by FSG
Quote from: Jim Bronson on April 13, 2024, 02:43:27 PMSo some owners just cut them off.

that's me  :SM:   

Deye76

"There used to be third-party dipsticks available that are far more robust than OEM."

Baker makes them.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

hrdtail78

April 14, 2024, 07:45:21 AM #7 Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 07:53:26 AM by hrdtail78
Check fluid level on side stand. 

I have never seen a dip stick break on a cruise drive trans except when they are not removed for gear set removal. 

Milled bottom flat and fitted long grip grade 8 bolt.  Marked full on side and sitting upright. You cannot see attachments on this board.
Semper Fi

hrdtail78

No reason to cut dip stick with this HD mod on a cruise drive. 

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Semper Fi