May 03, 2024, 09:30:12 AM

News:

Need Harley PAB #856

Started by hdrider, November 14, 2008, 06:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdrider

Could someone post or e-mail me Harley Parts and Accessories Bulletin #856 (Revised instructions for 1.5" Oil Pressure Gauge).

I checked the Hog Lair but they apparently don't post PAB's anymore.

Thanks,
Dennis

FSG

hdrider

Thank you very much SirGarfield -- you're the man.

Dennis The Menace

FWIW, I bought the kit last week and will install it tomorrow, but will install the sensor in the front of the oil pan.  Eliminates the extra part you have to buy to adapt the oil filter on 07 motors.  I dont want to buy the adapter, and if I had the cooler on the bike (not yet), I wouldnt want to use the T to tap into the flow.

The adapter is found at Home Depot.  I will post specs here after I double check.

Menace

hdrider

Quote from: Dennis The Menace on November 14, 2008, 08:45:25 AM
FWIW, I bought the kit last week and will install it tomorrow, but will install the sensor in the front of the oil pan.  Eliminates the extra part you have to buy to adapt the oil filter on 07 motors.  I dont want to buy the adapter, and if I had the cooler on the bike (not yet), I wouldnt want to use the T to tap into the flow.

The adapter is found at Home Depot.  I will post specs here after I double check.

Menace

I ordered the kit off e-bay -- It's supposed to arrive today.  I've got an '03 Dyna so won't need the fitting.  In reading through the instruction (that I just downloaded from here) it says the fittings (for '06 and later) are included in the kit.  I've already got the Oil Temperature and Voltmeter kits installed (2 years ago) -- I'm adding the oil pressure gauge and replacing my 2 gauge mount to a 3 gauge version.  These parts are being obsoleted by HD -- had to go to e-bay to find the mounting parts -- was lucky to also find the gauge kit there.

Let me know what your oil pressure range is after installation -- your motor should have the new higher volume oil pump.  I added a Baisley Spring to mine to boost the oil pressure -- it'll be interesting to compare readings.