2009 Rocker C Primary ratio change info needed

Started by ΚĜΗΟŜΤ, June 17, 2009, 08:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

My friend has a 2009 Rocker C and wants to up the gera ratio in the primary.

I am unsure what the stock ratio is but an example of what we are looking for is.

I have a 2004 fxst, I did the comp sprocket and clutch basket and re-used the chain. I went from 315 to 1 to 337 to 1 ratio in the primary.

He is looking to do the same.

Could someone post the part numbers, descriptions for the parts needed to do this and new ratio expected with the change.

Thanks

KGHOST
Member since 2004

hdbikedoc

6 speeds already have tall ratio  your bike had a 24 tooth front sprocket his has a 34
Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Thanks for the reply but it does not answer my question...........

My friend is looking for the same effect as I got when I chainged from 3:15 to 1 to 3:37 to 1 ratio in the primary.

This was a very popular change in the 99-06 models to get a bit more at lower end if you will, without affecting the speedometer calibration.

Again what I am asking for if someone can help is,

the HD parts and numbers to accomplish this on a 2009 Rocker C.

Has anyone done a primary gearing change yet on a '09 softail?

Again thanks and just to be clear and not waste space if you only have a opinion please keep it as I am looking for specifics.

Again Thanks.

KGHOST
Member since 2004

SCRACAR29

No optional OEM parts to change primary ratios available for Cruisedrive trannys.

DblackmanC

H-D (Screamin' Eagle) doesn't offer that for the newer bikes like they did on the older style. (Yet!)
Some after market people make them by eliminating the compensator assy. (Evolution for One) From what I'm reading and hearing I would not recommend that change. IMHO.
Dan
'06 Dyna, 95" Bagger.

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

OK thanks
That is what I was looking for.

What is different about this primary vs older ones?
Member since 2004

Don D

Not so quick
here is a company that offers a 30T comp sprocket (eliminates the compensator so would not be my choice) and a 46T clutch sprocket.
http://evoindusa.uia.net/index.php/cPath/10_22?osCsid=688c59c6b2c19a540aad61a95b1988f7

DblackmanC

Your older bike had a 25/36 sprocket combination and the newer ones have a 34/46 combination. On the older models H-D offered a shorter chain and a 21 sprocket kit. As of today they don't offer an up grades??
Like I said earlier and Dewy...All I know of at this time is a 30 sprocket and chain that has no compensator!
Dan
'06 Dyna, 95" Bagger.