April 27, 2024, 06:27:57 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

High milage v-rods

Started by 2glides, June 17, 2009, 11:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2glides

I was wondering how many high milage v-rods there are out there. Are they fairly trouble free? Have you had good luck with your v-rod? I'm talking like 80k + miles.......... Do any of you do any long distance touring on them?  I really like the night rod and am considering owning one.
Thanks, 
2Glides

pddredduece

I don't own a v-rod, have a 2005 Deuce. The v-rods are great, do you see any posts about problems? The protype was run on a dyno for 3000 hrs at near redline before it broke down!

delnel

I have one with 30k never have even adjusted the valves. Had to replace the wheel brgs and the fuel gauge is erratic but the thing runs good. DelNel

harborjohn

Over 30k here and nothing but oil changes.

tpcrawford

I belong to another forum, www.1130cc.com.  Numerous folks over there have 100,000 + miles on their Revolutions with no problems.
2014 CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset

x52gnr

I hope i get that out of mine, got a few years to go...lol :smilep:
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

MULESKINNER

Quote from: delnel on July 06, 2009, 07:05:56 AM
I have one with 30k never have even adjusted the valves. Had to replace the wheel brgs and the fuel gauge is erratic but the thing runs good. DelNel

Yes the one thing Porsche designed actually works without problems. The gas gauge and wheel bearings are Hd. What a surprise. :potstir:    :scratch: