May 01, 2024, 07:37:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS map and vtune?

Started by hrchdog, June 20, 2009, 10:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrchdog

I got my exhaust and heavy breather installed and downloaded a map for the mastertune that was as close to my setup as I could find. Question is will it be allright to ride it for a couple days before I start vtuning, I have a very slight decel pop, only pops a couple times then it quits.

hrchdog

Been read over 40 times and no answer to my question.

Blackbaggr

You don't give build information or what map you are using...no one can answer without basic information. IF you are using a map that is really close to your build you should be fine but you probably shouldn't ride really hard...

Example : I had slip-ons and SEAC on a 07 FLH. I used PZ176 & it was fine until I started v-tuning.

Good luck...

hrchdog

Ok now I understand why, stock 09 96" with sampson 2-1 and screamin eagle heavy breather used map TD205

FLTRI

Quote from: hrchdog on June 21, 2009, 05:29:11 PM
Ok now I understand why, stock 09 96" with sampson 2-1 and screamin eagle heavy breather used map TD205
You'll be fine with that map. It will run considerably better after it gets properly tuned mainly due to the basic difference in exhaust design which requires different (custom) mapping to get the best running (smoothest) engine.
There is a bit of time and learning curve involved with successful "V-tuning", so if computers and learning new software programs don't scare you, you will do just fine if you stick with it.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open