May 01, 2024, 12:51:08 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

DynoMite dyno

Started by -SeabrookTrickBagger, June 20, 2009, 08:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Anyone have an experience with the Dynomite dyno?  Good, bad, pluses, minuses?  Interfaces availability such as power commander?  Comparison or contrast to other major dynos such as dynojet?  Any help appreciated.
Seabrook

nc-renegade

Quote from: -SeabrookTrickBagger on June 20, 2009, 08:49:02 PM
Anyone have an experience with the Dynomite dyno?  Good, bad, pluses, minuses?  Interfaces availability such as power commander?  Comparison or contrast to other major dynos such as dynojet?  Any help appreciated.

It looks like a nice dyno and especially the price.  I too would be interested in comments on this dyno.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

FLTRI

If comparison is not an issue there are many other capable dyno systems (especially software) available, some very reasonably priced and some way more expensive than necessary to get the job done. That said, since this industry (especially performance parts from the OEM and aftermarket) works from an "accepted" standard (Dynojet 250i) for comparison purposes, I feel it is more important to have a tailored software system that works quickly with the hardware (dyno) to get to results and comparisons in a timely manner. In other words, the Dynojet motorcycle dyno system is almost ideal for its intended purpose, conceived and built by tuners for tuners.
Just my $.02,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Bob,

A local indy shop, Xtreme Cycles, asked me about it so I thought I would post this thread since I have no idea.  Dynomite sends a nice brochure, though........................................... .

Kinda thought the "tried and true" might be the safer course, BWTFDIK.

How much time do you spend on a EFI tune, not WOT tune, but a street tune where all the different conditions/loads are addressed (assuming the EFI is functional to begin with)?  I would guess that 2 hours would not come close, but once again, WTFDIK.

Leonard
Seabrook