May 02, 2024, 03:43:30 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Progressive touring rear air shocks

Started by -SeabrookTrickBagger, June 25, 2009, 06:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Just put a set on my bagger.  They sure get you to realize how weak the front forks are.

Fitment:  the left shock rubber boot rubbed on the rear sprocket so we spaced out the shock with a couple of washers.  Other than that, no problems.

Air system:  no on board air pump needed.  The shocks hold up to 70 pounds of air and you can use your automotive type electric air pump and air gauge to fill them with air.  No HD hand air pump needed.

Performance,  I have 40 lbs of air in them and need to let some out since they are a bit stiff when cornering.

Price:  $319.00 discounted.  $399.00 list.  HD shocks are at least $380.00 list.

Appearance: brushed aluminium tops and rubber boots on the bottom.

Air hoses and connectors supplied and hook up to stock location.

I really need to get the gold emulators in the front forks now just to balance out the bike since it feels like the front end wants to dive when shock is transmitted from the rear shocks to the front end.
Seabrook

Airglider

Leonard,

Did the cartridge eliminator route with new progressive springs. Replaced the fork oil with the standard weight. Was too bouncy! Changed the fork oil to SE Heavy= just right now.

Karl
Loud Lights Save Lives!

-SeabrookTrickBagger

June 27, 2009, 02:57:09 PM #2 Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 05:19:42 AM by -SeabrookTrickBagger
Karl,

You have been busy with projects. I have the racetech gold emulators and racetech springs.  Not put in yet.  Seems to me that 30wt front fork oil was recommended.  Is that right?  Belray 30wt....... .

Again, it is too hot to ride very long here, over 100 F and humidity nearly 90%.  Need some of that rain you are getting.

The Progressive rear air shocks are fairly stiff.  I need to set up the sag since most of the road shock from the rear is transmitted ot the front forks.  Kinda feels like a pogostick.

BTW, reducing the advance made the engine feel like is spun up much easier, at 1 and 0 right now.  Might try 2 and 0 next.  Again, the engine spins noticeably easier ........ I guess it is that rod angle "thing" as affected by excessive advance.  I used the DTT 1 initial and 0 slope without modification.  No ping.  Might reduce the WOT advance down some too and see how she runs.  I think it is at 26 BTDC at present.

L.
Seabrook