May 03, 2024, 06:40:27 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fuel injected tank on a Carburated bike..

Started by savage 40, November 14, 2008, 08:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savage 40

I just done some graphics on a friend of mines tank, he bought the tank used and did realize it was for a fuel injected bike. His is a Carbed softail.. is there any way to convert this tank? from injection to carb fittings?

Reddog74usa

Check Drag Specialties they make a conversion set up for this. Is it the one or two hole tank?
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

savage 40

Not sure he's in Alaska and I'm In Cali.. he's going to call his buddy that was installing the tins.. here is the a Tank as I striped it..  Thanks man...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TJqUfWtrQ

Mike52

Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

Tre_11 FLHX

Savage- when you applied the silver leaf, did you have to remove the factory pinstripe first or did you just apply over it?  Gave me an idea on my 09 UC, Fire blue pearl with baby blue pinstripe. 

Great work!!

Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Overcamber

Due to the rising cost of Ammunition a warning shot Won't be fired !

savage 40

Thanks guys!  as for mzodarg , Yes I applied the leaf over the existing pinstripes.. I was going to do the fender graphics a only and the side logo in the combination of leafs.. but then UPS gave us a free dent.. So I reached in the tank (guts were out) and tapped it out then came up with plan B.. Feel free to give me a call 530-370-6266. Here is some more stuff..   www.signspeeweedesigns.com  Ricinflorida, You the man! that looks like what he needs.. Looks like he will be send me ( er you,LOL) some Halibut! Thanks again guyz  :up: :up:! Peewee

moose

harley does make a conversion kit for inj to carb I have an 04 inj tank on my 02 fatboy carb.

moose
Moose aka Glenn-

fxrp

Depends on the year the tank was made. All the tanks are the same now days, female threads in the tank; FI quick connect threads directly into the tank, carb models need a coupling to thread into the tank and the petcock threads onto the coupling.

Paul

Reddog74usa

The set up Ric posted is the one for the 2 hole tank and then Harley and drag both have a conversion bung that just screws in the tank for the single hole tank.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT