May 08, 2024, 07:41:33 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need Part Number for Throttle Tension Spring '73 up

Started by Pynzo, June 28, 2009, 06:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pynzo

Anybody know the part number for the flat spring that goes in the throttle assembly?

Lew

-It is now later than it has ever been before-

jmanjeff

Are you sure on the year if your control is eternal   74-78  Friction spring   56396-74A  is what the adjusting screw pushes on
1957  Sportster

Pynzo

Maddog

73 use a internal throttle cable an such Are you looking for that part number??  If so I will get the number for you ok? If your running a external throttle do you need the little spring under the adj knob??   

Pynzo

It would be the '74 up tension spring for the external throttle that I'm looking for.

Maddog

74 an up is that the stock throttle control??  I may have a couple of them here can check tommrow :smileo:

Pynzo

I need one for an S&S throttle assembly and I believe it's a stock '74 up style. Thanks!

Maddog

I have a aftermarket one  Didnt know  the S+S used a friction adj??  (mine doesnt have it)  throttle 

Pynzo

S&S sells a dual cable throttle setup with Barnett cables, and I believe it's the same as a '74 up, with the nylon sleeve and tension screw/spring. I got a setup off of ebay and the flat spring is missing from it, thats why I'm looking for the part #. I've ordered one from NOS Parts. Thanks for all the responses!