May 01, 2024, 04:25:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need to settle a question/argument, 96 in vs 98 in

Started by ΚĜΗΟŜΤ, July 01, 2009, 03:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

My friend purchased a new Rocker C,

Personally I have not been following the newer bikes and motors that closely. Anyway He says that the Rocker C and there motors are unique from HD.
The bikes are biult on a seperate special assembly line (which is something I may be able to handle) BUT he also states that the motors are 98 Cubic Inch with a different cam profile and are unique to Rocker C's only.

Now as far as I know there is only one motor and that is the 96" period. Of course the exception would be a factory 103 or 110.

He installed the power commander and a SE air cleaner assembly and had it dino tuned locally and got great results. 86 hp and 94 tq. Not bad for a stock motor.......

Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks for your respones!!               :duel:
Member since 2004

speed limit

If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

MAX what do you mean is there a differnce between .375 and .38.................................????? :wtf:

Any way why would you say this, is the spec on other models show .375 vs .38............

I am not sure about some of the "humor" here..............lol :gob:
Member since 2004

Admiral Akbar

QuoteI am not sure about some of the "humor" here..............lol

Ok, I tried... Do better after I been drinkin'.. To early to drink, got to go to work.. Max

HD/Wrench

Max you crazy mother!!!    the engines are 96 inches and if you want to really rub it in, HD dropped the rocker in the new line up as they sitting on the floor collecting dust and are not selling. :emsad:

Caper

Softail® Rockerâ,,¢ C    Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96Bâ,,¢

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

OK so it is a 96.02 CI motor...................

Around here the rocker C is a big seller!! most dealers dont have any left.......Dont know why becuase it has been raining so F'N much no one is riding anyway.

29 days straight without a full sunny day. for June and July is starting off the same way.The jet stream is hangen low this year. GD canadians.........to much CO2 discharge I guess. Boy I wish they would get the grap and tax bill and pay for it instead of us. where is Al Gore when you dont need him maybe hey will take him...........ramble ramble ramble.......
Member since 2004

02roadcling

Your buddy reminds me of all the other women I've met over the years that don't know what model or even make of car they own, lol.
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

vinnyvavoom

Maybe he looked at the 96B to quickly and didn't notice the 6? The B does look a like an 8....  :hyst:
VinnyVavoom

Life is a short warm moment, Death is a long cold rest

02roadcling

Yeah thats it, tell the poor guy its only a 968 cc
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington