April 27, 2024, 08:14:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

09 fork leg change

Started by hardyheadscom, July 01, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardyheadscom

just ordered up an 09 street glide. I want to run a single 13 in disc on a 21 front wheel.
My question Will an 09 fat boy slider assy go on a 09 street glide. It won`t have ABS.

Getting my wish list in order and having everything on the operating table when the bike gets here

thank`s in advance.
hardy heads the best...boy I guess

reh3

You can shave the right side caliper bracket and have the street glide lowers chromed, or you can buy a set of lowers already shaved and chromed from fatbaggers. I'm running a single sided brake, with a later model brembo caliper on my 06 street glide.

And yea, I'm running the brembo size rotor.

reh3

Forgot to add, I also changed the master cylinder to a single caliper setup.

hardyheadscom

thanks for that info..........

I can shave the fork leg......that`s a no brainer.

I just finished an 09 and ran one frt break break with a 21.........you didn`t have to switch out the master cylinder
to go to one break.......going one to two breaks  you do.

I still didn`t get my question answered ....will fat boy legs fit on a street glide down tube assy;

thank`s again
larry

speed limit

yes 09 fat boy lower leg will fit but fender mount will be a issue, and yes you should swap out master cylinder, if you don`t lever will pull will be very stiff.
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

HD/Wrench

Is there a reason you would you not swap out the master to have corect bore to caliper ratio??. The caliper is set up for a specific bore size. larger bore for two calipers,. smaller bore  for one caliper.  I have had bikes stock and  customs come into the shop and have the wrong master on them they either lock the brake up or hardly work at all.  Just asking. Are you saying the brakes work 100%  with no change when using the larger master for a single caliper??

speed limit

If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

hotroadking

I've heard you could blow the seals out of a single caliper with a dual caliper MC.

ALthough I've run the dual MC on the front for 9 years with a PM single 6 piston Diff bore caliper...

Lever pull is stiffer than the stock HD, but I've learned how to use it and it's so far (9 years) worked well....

HD/Wrench

The bore relates to amount of fluid needed to more pistons in caliper, you ratio is closer due to the 6 piston caliper. At least that is the way i understand it. Any time you buy a after market or even stock they state what bore is needed. Not to say that you cannot get by with something else.

hardyheadscom

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on July 02, 2009, 09:26:39 AM
Is there a reason you would you not swap out the master to have corect bore to caliper ratio??. The caliper is set up for a specific bore size. larger bore for two calipers,. smaller bore  for one caliper.  I have had bikes stock and  customs come into the shop and have the wrong master on them they either lock the brake up or hardly work at all. 

Just asking. Are you saying the brakes work 100%  with no change when using the larger master for a single caliper??

yes, I even went to a PM 6 piston ...........worked great