May 03, 2024, 09:03:47 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

how quick is a stage 1 v-rod

Started by wilber, November 15, 2008, 07:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilber

cause a bigmouth fella on a certain forum has one and i wanna run him....i have an R&R headed, 117 that runs purty damn strong on a SG

BONERACIN

I am not sure about a stage one vrod, but my FXDWG will walk all over a stock one.
Boneracin
"Uncle Sam made me cut off my mullet"

drhooligan

Quote from: BONERACIN on November 15, 2008, 07:51:06 AM
I am not sure about a stage one vrod, but my FXDWG will walk all over a stock one.

I'm just out of an '04 stage 1 V-rod and currently own an '07 Wide Glide.  Your FXDWG would have to be sporting some major $ engine work to even hang with a Stage 1 V-rod. They are mid 11 sec. bikes in that config. The '09 V-rod Muscles have run low 11s in showroom condition. Sit your but on any V-rod and run it to 9 grand. Your questions will be answered.
2007 FXDWG 120", Hillside Stage 3 Heads, 10.6:1, TW777, V&H 2:1, HPI55, 5.3 g/s

wilber

sharkoilfield

Try this ET calculator:

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

I've plugged in numbers (measured wet weight and rear wheel horsepower) and added a 180# for rider and got pretty close to what Motorcyclist got in actual ET's...they're one of the few magazines that actually weighs and dyno's test bikes. Real numbers count.

wilber

nice link.....says i can run high 10's....now if i just dont make any mistakes  :embarrassed: :teeth:

se

you might get him off the line but if you over rev you SG he will catch you real quick.
you have to get your dyno sheets and look where your power starts to fade and try and shift way before that. dont rev it out plus you also have to remember he is a lot lighter then you are and his top speed is more you might have more tq but he has a lot of other things going for him. like his bikee was made top go fast.
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning

BONERACIN

Run him to 100 and u should not have any problems. You will play H*ll trying to run with him on the top end.
Boneracin
"Uncle Sam made me cut off my mullet"

sharkoilfield

I recently beat a BMW R1200GS from a standing start at a quiet highway traffic light (not too many of those around, I know) He asked for it and he got handed an ass-woopin; it's supposed to be a flat 12 second bike and mine "calculates" to low 11's...was fun; I knew we would face off and I also knew I was gonna win.

taz95dog

thanks for that link. if i lose a 100#i'd pick up 1/2 a second...taz... :smilep:
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72