May 02, 2024, 03:33:26 PM

News:

Building a " YOUR BUILD HERE" build

Started by FXDBI, November 15, 2008, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXDBI

Notice people stating there building a HQ build or a WT build or Mountain Motor build. Then they procede to tell you the combo of parts they using . So and so's head etc. These are not the stated builds on these diff company's site's they are science projects looking for approval. A HQ build or a WT build follows the company's build for that engine. Not just there cam and Porter Pete's heads and machinist Mikes bore and fit. So if your changing one of these company's build to your own please don't call it a HQ build or  WT build it isn't anyone build if you dint follow there list. When the results arnt the same has the company projects you cant say I tried a " YOUR CHOICE HERE" build and it was the sh__t's. Just a observation here.....Bob
:rtfb:

mayor

yep, I wish I had a nickel for everytime I heard of a S&S570 cam bike being called a Hippo build when none of the other components were used (or for that matter a bike using SE heads and some other cam being called a Hippo build).  Maybe someone should start a thread with nothing but proven specific named builds (Hippo, Barry's Budget Build, etc.) for people to use as a reference.  If someone does that it would be nice to include details like compression, C.I. and cam stats. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

crazycalvin

and include the end results of their home brewed concoction; how well it worked, what problems they ran into with that combo, etc.  Later, Calvin.

se

i like it when they tell you the parts dont work so they went to builder B parts and his parts are so much better ... meanwhile builder a sells builder b parts.  and neither engine was tuned so they really got screwed.
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning

Coff 06

I'm going to build my 06 with SE 251 cams,looking at Headquarters 98" pistons and jugs and maybe the 06 heads with a mild street port.Anybody out there "been there-done that"? If so how did that work out for you?Bike is an FXSTSI. AA TIA   Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

skyhook

November 16, 2008, 08:03:43 PM #5 Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 08:10:05 PM by skyhook
both my bikes are frankenstein and I love them

'07 dyna 96", al taylor street port heads, 9.8 compression, 37 cam, fatcat, power commander, 94hp/97 tq sae 4th gear sae dj250i pump gas ( with a half-azz tune )

'08 dyna 110", r&r stage 4 heads, 10.7 comp, 257 cam, supermeg, hpi 55mm, se injectors, 115hp/115tq sae 5th gear dj250 pump gas good tune...not bad for an '08

been hangin' round these forums a while and y'all have taught me a few things!
always seem to get their azz wet?

x52gnr

I am doing andrews 26 cams, already have the S/E air cleaner, tru-duals, Thundermax with A/T and a andrews 30 tooth front belt pully. I think all of this will give me some good low end torque...May someday i will tackle heads etc but for now this is in my realm of cash flow and comfort level.
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

Scurvy

good observation Bob.. I don't even call my build an AMS build because I deviated on the head gasket - went .030 instead of their recommended .040.   :)
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT