May 03, 2024, 10:51:04 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Best build option

Started by Jim, November 15, 2008, 01:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

I have a 03 Roadglide stage1 flash,air filter,and touring slip on mufflers. Getting ready to do a build soon. Do a lot of touring so am looking for tq in low to mid range, fuel mileage, and reliably. Ride two up most of time, loaded heavily, may get a trailer to pull soon.  Would like see suggestions on best build. What heads, cams ,pistons ect. to use.  Thanks ahead  of time for all help
                                                                                                                                          Jim

Sonny S.

November 15, 2008, 01:58:16 PM #1 Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:24:13 PM by Sonny S.
Throw a set of Andrews TW21 cams in and see how ya like em'. If you do but want more, go 95", your heads with a performance valve job, and .030 gasket.   Make for a nice touring bike without breaking the bank.
You could do it all at once and I'm sure you would be happy with it.
Will need a tunable EFI managemant system.  TTS, PC ..etc.

JMHO
Sonny

KingofCubes

Best thing I have seen for heavy baggers is the welded and cnc ported R&R stage 4 head work with their RR615 cam set at 10.8 to 1- 95" JE, CP, or Wisco pistons in stock cylinders with the stock throttle body and PC3 or the S&S "G" carb. Very quick torque with good power without pinging or heat issues. The only thing that I've seen that's better is there stage 5 heads with the HPI throttle body. 7-800 rpm later torque but more of it.

GoFast.....

Quote from: KingofCubes on November 15, 2008, 02:19:10 PM
Best thing I have seen for heavy baggers is the welded and cnc ported R&R stage 4 head work with their RR615 cam set at 10.8 to 1- 95" JE, CP, or Wisco pistons in stock cylinders with the stock throttle body and PC3 or the S&S "G" carb. Very quick torque with good power without pinging or heat issues. The only thing that I've seen that's better is there stage 5 heads with the HPI throttle body. 7-800 rpm later torque but more of it.
hey king it's good to see you over here on the HTT site. The better one
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Sonny S.

+ a 100HP shot of NOS    :up:  ..... make for a real nice touring bike.

Reddog74usa

The Hippo build is a great bang for the buck. Quiet and reliable.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

mayor

King, I keep seeing you recommend R&R products but I can't seem to find any information on them.  Can you provide a link to the cam specs? 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Hillside Motorcycle

Andrews 26. Take the cylinders to 95-98", and a good set of cylinders heads* to compliment. Very strong build for your intended use.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

quikbike

Like my 95 inch bagger with Big Boyz Heads and Andrews 26.
I hate snow