April 27, 2024, 09:58:59 AM

News:

Fuel Injection Fuel Filter

Started by Tsani, November 15, 2008, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsani

Bike is an 05 FLSTNI. Doing my 50K maint and book sezs change fuel filter. No problem as I want to change the fuel hose cause I suspect it has holes in it. HD shops around here don't stock the filter cause they don't sell em.  :angry: I find this hard to believe. To me this means they also don't change them during service work else folks would be waiting a week for the part. What a joke. Glad I am doing my own. So the question - Does anyone know if there is a comparable after market filter that doesn't cost 42 frickin bucks?

Thanks
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

road-dawgs1

If you have access to a Drag Specialties Fatbook, or if you have a dealer that will look for ya, in the back it has a cross reference section to the OEM pn#'s and if they offer one for it then it will show a cross reference number and a page that it is on.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

Shadowdog

Hi Folks,

Just a thought, what about all those cars that use the delphi FI, what are they using for filters?

Best,

Pixs
Best to all,

Shadowdog  Smoke um till the wheels fall off!

Mtrman

The automotive Delphi fuel filters are a steel canister filter along the frame ....the newer ones I believe may be in the tank(not replaceable unless a pump is changed. They come as one unit complete unit) a big ass money grab scam.  Just my 2 cents from Canuckland.