May 03, 2024, 10:09:44 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Exhaust Noise

Started by revok1200, November 15, 2008, 02:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revok1200

Wanting to Know if anyone else has experienced or heard and found this type of noise.

2006 Road Glide, True dual Rhineheart exhaust.

I hear a pinging or ringing sound or maybe a metal to metal vibration noise and can't figure exactly where it is coming from.

I know or believe it is an exhaust noise (vibration) not related to engine.  I notice it most when at cruising speed.  It appears when you give it some throttle in 5th gear as your cruising.  When the engine comes off a load or you back off the throttle it seems to disappear or reduce below hearing level.  The noise seems to reverberate even more over concrete???  I thought it was a loose bolt or screw but can't find anything.

I have no performance problems, its just an irritation, anyone encountered this or have a suggestion?

rmc115

Rineharts fit very close to the primary and sometimes rub, check the clearance and all brackets.
00 Fatboy, 95"wood tw6, diamond cut,se 44mm  <br />20 Ultra Limited

Mix01FLHT

Heat shield or Flange nut  :pop:
01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

JOS