May 02, 2024, 05:04:15 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HELP WITH TTS IAC SETTING

Started by jpbo, July 08, 2009, 07:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpbo

I THINK I NEED HELP
I've followed the mastertune tuning guide to set the iac table to get a smoother idle, the basic map was to much rough on idle
But I didn't succeed; I can not get a smooth ramp to idle. It quickly start, no puff of black smoke, smell a bit gas but not a lot.
I have monitor the iac on cold start and adjust the iac step at each engine temperatures breakpoint on table iac warm up table, after I have tried to set the crank run step table value without succeed,
It always has a high flare on start, I have set all the crank run values to 0 and no change, I just succeed to get a   rougher idle than the basic map
Is there someone who could give me a hand with this?
Thanks
  :emsad:

ViennaHog

Did you clean the IAC ? The bore is at the 12 :oo position in the throat. Carb/brake cleaner while turning the ignition on and of to ove the IAC. you likely see lots of crud.

jpbo

I have tried ,it's clean ,my bike is a 2008 road king , 103 stage II with 10,000kms

Doc 1

What map are you using? You are on the right track for flare up however a small bit of overshoot then the idle leveling off in a second or two is what I strive for. The rough idle is usually a timing or AFR issue, don't forget the VE table controls the AFR...if the VE's are off everything is off.
Try retarding/advancing the Closed Throttle Timing table a few degrees for a smoother idle.
Good Luck
Doc   

ViennaHog

Quote from: jpbo on July 09, 2009, 03:52:44 AM
I have tried ,it's clean ,my bike is a 2008 road king , 103 stage II with 10,000kms

oops, they don't have the IAC like the older models, throttle by wire now......

jpbo

July 10, 2009, 07:57:32 AM #5 Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:15:54 AM by jpbo
DOC
I'm using UH205-002C2 map
if I'm using the close throttle spark table for idle,with DBW is the tps goes at 1% ? according to the tuning guide will be only active when under 1%.
Will this table work at idle when the engine temperature is over the highest table value?
can this table be used to help with deceleration popping if richen afr 20% column doesn't cure

thanks