May 02, 2024, 08:23:14 AM

News:

intermittent O2's

Started by flhtci2006, July 13, 2009, 07:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flhtci2006

Well, I finished everything and loaded the pz176 and ps176 maps.  Using the ps176 last night, I did a run to check for O2 sensor operation.  It would appear that both sensors are intermittent.  In comming on, the front lagged the rear.  When working, they hovered in the area of 900.  The box in the right corner would read green -0 and red -1 off and on with mostly seeing the red.  I could watch both O2's and the numbers would sometimes drop to 0.  I will assume at this point it is a connection problem, most likely in the sockets that connect to the O2 sensor lead sockets.
Can I assume that in this condition data runs would be useless?

Herko

Looks like they could be lacking heat (rich idle fuel)...below good operating temp.
Put the laptop in the side bag and go for a ride while gathering data (O2 data Type selected)
Or at least hold a steady high idle and monitor.

Maybe they'll fix this in the '10 Models with a heated sensor.  :wink:
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

WVULTRA

flh:

Great advise from Herko!   :up:

Here's an example of a check I did in the garage:

These sensors work fine once everythings up to operating temperature!

Ride it and take a look at the "big" picture.

:wink:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

nc-renegade

My rear not coming on turned out to be a very rich condition on the rear cylinder during idle.  It stated at 4000mV until the VE table was adjusted way down (from 110 to 81) and then it responsed correctly.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

flhtci2006

Well, I guess they work.  Have done 3 Vtune sessions.  With the exception of some at the outer edges where I haven't hit often enough, all cells are clear to a light pink (most being clear).

Question for Steve, Herko or someone that might know.  When I finish the ride, leaving the bike running, I save the tune session and exit.  When I do, the idle changes.  It's as if the program running somehow effects the idle.  Why?